OLSAS Transcript Deadline Question

FriendlyMemeGuy493

FriendlyMemeGuy493
  • Applicant

Most schools require that OLSAS has received your transcripts by November 1. However, do I have to submit my application in advance of this date to ensure that the transcripts come in by Nov 1?

OLSAS says that as long as the transcript request goes in by the deadlines you’re fine so I’m assuming that as long as I submit my application by November 1 I should be fine even if they don’t receive my transcripts by then? Just wanted to be sure

"If you submit an online transcript request (as part of your application) by the stated deadline, you have satisfied the transcript deadline requirement”
This is the part of the OLSAS transcript requirements I am referring to for reference

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

To my knowledge, you just need to make sure that you submit your app by the Nov. 1 deadline. Queen's and U of T explicitly allow your supporting documents to arrive later than the deadline.

Edited by LordBONSAI

FriendlyMemeGuy493
  • Applicant
On 10/26/2021 at 10:42 AM, LordBONSAI said:

To my knowledge, you just need to make sure that you submit your app by the Nov. 1 deadline. Queen's and U of T explicitly allow your supporting documents to arrive later than the deadline.

That’s reassuring thanks!

PapaPetrovitch
  • Law Student
On 10/26/2021 at 10:42 AM, LordBONSAI said:

Seconding this. I called OLSAS a few weeks ago to check and they said the same thing.

Eathwen
  • Applicant

@PapaPetrovitch

So we just have to submit it sometime in that day and OSLAS will regrister it as "requested" and we are okay? I'm asking because one of my references are late in submitting the reference and I'm hoping I can submit on Nov 1st. 

Edited by Eathwen

PapaPetrovitch
  • Law Student
15 hours ago, Eathwen said:

@PapaPetrovitch

So we just have to submit it sometime in that day and OSLAS will regrister it as "requested" and we are okay? I'm asking because one of my references are late in submitting the reference and I'm hoping I can submit on Nov 1st. 

Yup as long as you submit everything else on OLSAS by November 1st 11:59pm ET then you're good. Schools understand that references aren't entirely in our control and are forgiving if its a little late.