Confirmation Emails From Schools After Applying - does it take that long for some schools?

StressedLlama

StressedLlama
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone,

I submitted my application on October 15th to all the schools I wanted to apply to. As of now, I still haven't gotten any sort of email from Osgoode or Western (I've gotten emails from the others just a few days after my application submission). Does it usually take this long for some schools? I'm just getting anxious - I hope I'm not missing something or did something wrong when submitting my application. 

Archibald123
  • Law School Admit
36 minutes ago, StressedLlama said:

Hi everyone,

I submitted my application on October 15th to all the schools I wanted to apply to. As of now, I still haven't gotten any sort of email from Osgoode or Western (I've gotten emails from the others just a few days after my application submission). Does it usually take this long for some schools? I'm just getting anxious - I hope I'm not missing something or did something wrong when submitting my application. 

In the same boat! No response yet from Osgoode, Queens, and Western, though Lincoln Alexander and U of T were decently quick. Had a similar thread open beforehand, and apparently some are saying that it can be until mid-November until you hear anything from Osgoode. We wait and see!

• Like 1

StressedLlama
  • Law School Admit
21 minutes ago, Archibald123 said:

In the same boat! No response yet from Osgoode, Queens, and Western, though Lincoln Alexander and U of T were decently quick. Had a similar thread open beforehand, and apparently some are saying that it can be until mid-November until you hear anything from Osgoode. We wait and see!

Great, thanks!

SNAILS
  • Articling Student

Yes, it takes THAT long.

Do not hold your breath waiting for confirmation emails. Do not stress and let the little voice inside your head tell you, "Maybe they didn't get my application!" or "Maybe I have been rejected from all of the law schools I applied to!".

They did get your application, and you'll know what's going on in the spring.

• Like 2

Piffle
  • Law Student

It can vary greatly by school. 

Last year, during the 2020/2021 cycle, UofT sent a confirmation the very next day. Queen's, for example, didn't get back to me until around November 25, well over half a month later. 

I know the wait can be excruciating, but try not to loose sleep over this. As long as you got you OLSAS reciept, you'll know you're all set.

Edited by Piffle
  • Like 1

Bananapple
  • Applicant

I applied 3 days ago & only received an email from U of T.

But I did apply to western for undergrad 5 years ago (ended up going to queen’s) and when I tried logging in with my old student number, it showed my application! Same with Queen’s - it said pending. 

So if you have student numbers from applying to undergrad programs, you might not have to wait for an email to check

• Like 1

Piffle
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, Bananapple said:

western

FWIW, Western during the last cycle got back to me around November 15-20 with their confirmation. So still a quite a wait.

• Like 1