OLSAS, Have you ever attended a law school?

elaine4016

elaine4016
  • Applicant

Hey guys, 

international student just finishing up the application really near the deadline and need some help.

OLSAS asks whether I have attended law school before and I did my undergraduate in law in my country.

Education system differs here so we have undergraduate law and law school (JD).

Should I say Yes and explain as in detail? Or nah?

Edited by elaine4016

Did you attend a law school specifically in your country? What is the actual degree you got in the other country? Answering those questions will answer the question of whether you attended a law school. 

When you say "education system differs here" are you referring to Canada or your home country? Canada does have undergrad degrees where the focus of study is law but then also undergrad law school degrees. If you attended something which was simply an undergrad degree program which focused on law but it did not give you a JD or equivalent in your home country then I wouldn't say you attended law school. Give us some more details about what your program involved and what you could substantively do with your degree after obtaining it and we can likely provide clarity for you. 

Edited by Apple