Personal Statement Question: Spaces

Eathwen

Eathwen
  • Applicant

Hello, I just wanted to know if anyone else who is applying has the same question regarding spaces for the Personal Statement. Are you supposed to add a space between the paragraph or does this add to the character count? Whenever I try it out no characters are added but im just curious on what other people think/have experienced. 

PapaPetrovitch
  • Law Student

No idea how it looks like from the admission's pov but ill be adding them just in case. It makes it look more organized imo. 

Insight from someone who's applied before would be helpful. 

HammurabiTime
  • Lawyer

Even if it adds three or four characters I can assure you they will be well worth it to avoid forcing the reviewers to read one page wall of text.

• Like 1

oliviaspencer80
  • Applicant

Also, how are you guys adding the paragraph indentations…. Lol. It doesn’t let you do that so I just left it as it is but put a space between the paragraphs 

Each paragraph is 4 characters (assuming 2 line breaks — one to end the previous paragraph and one blank line in between). I think it’s worth adding. Don’t bother with indenting or any other formatting. None of it will likely come through and the indents just waste space.