How to communicate with first-choice firms who don't make an offer

lawstudent1

lawstudent1
  • Law Student

Hi folks,

This may be a stupid question but I'm just wondering what to say to a firm that doesn't give an offer at 5PM but is my first choice? Do I just call up the head recruiter and ask where I stand with them? Should I be calling someone else? Should I be saying something else?

Give them a call if you’re interested and let them know that you’re still interested in working with them. Typically if they have offer(s) outstanding they’ll call the people next on the list to let them know and to try and keep the seat warm but it doesn’t hurt to call them. Worst case they say they won’t be making you an offer and then you know. Who you should call depends on the firm, so can’t really answer that for you I’m afraid. 

Edited by Blurg
  • Thanks 1

student101
  • Law Student
17 minutes ago, BuckDancer said:

Now

Recruiter or interviewers? (interviewers were lawyers at the firm - recruiter not picking up, may have left)

BuckDancer
  • Lawyer
16 hours ago, student101 said:

Recruiter or interviewers? (interviewers were lawyers at the firm - recruiter not picking up, may have left)

I am sorry I did not see this in time, hope it all worked out!

student101
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, BuckDancer said:

I am sorry I did not see this in time, hope it all worked out!

np. I called this morning and spoke with the recruiter (assistant) and reiterated my interest, turns out they havent made a decision yet. Thoughts on me reaching out directly - either phone call or email - to the lawyer who interviewed me to reiterate my interest to them personally? Or wait...