Ryerson video interview questions

Pizzaandpasta

Pizzaandpasta
  • Applicant

Hi everyone. I just got the invitation for the Lincoln Alexander video interview that will be considered as part of my overall application. Can anyone give me an idea of what it’s like and what to expect? What kind of questions did they ask? Is there any way to prepare for it?? And is it possible to re-record responses or is it just one take (sort of imitating a real interview where you can’t go back and change ur answer). 

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

They said we could practice however many times we want via the link that was sent to help get a feel for it but the actual thing can only be done once, and you're not allowed to go back and re-record. You get some time to think about your answer before recording though. I haven't done mine yet so lmk how it goes!

oliviaspencer80
  • Applicant

I just did some of the practice questions and they were all like “what’s ur fav movie and why” “if you could have dinner with someone that still lived, who would it be” “what’s ur fave type of music and why”. And there’s a written portion that asks a question just like those ^ . But I’m curious to know if the actual questions are like this too lol 

• Like 1

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant

Generally it’s unfair to provide insight on what an interview will be like, as those who completed it first will be disadvantaged relative to those that were given guidance/hints later into the cycle.

I recommend 1) completing the practice questions as many times as you need to in order to feel comfortable with the video interview process, 2) reviewing school-specific info and your personal statement, and 3) going for it. Even if the content of the actual questions differ from the practice ones, you will have a strong understanding of the video interview process and program-specific information. Best of luck to those completing this. 

• Thanks 4

RIP-Joel
  • Law Student
16 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Generally it’s unfair to provide insight on what an interview will be like, as those who completed it first will be disadvantaged relative to those that were given guidance/hints later into the cycle.

I recommend 1) completing the practice questions as many times as you need to in order to feel comfortable with the video interview process, 2) reviewing school-specific info and your personal statement, and 3) going for it. Even if the content of the actual questions differ from the practice ones, you will have a strong understanding of the video interview process and program-specific information. Best of luck to those completing this. 

Hey, can you provide a link for the practice questions if its no trouble? I've tried to google it but found nothing. 

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, MA1199 said:

Hey, can you provide a link for the practice questions if its no trouble? I've tried to google it but found nothing. 

Both the practice and actual interview questions are available when you access the video interview link that was emailed to you!

• Thanks 1