Chance me (Cgpa: 3.64, L2: 3.84, LSAT 157)

Hopefullyalawyer

Hopefullyalawyer
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone!

Now that the deadline for Ontario schools has passed, I figured I would try to see what my chances are. I applied to Ottawa, Queens, Western, Windsor, Lakehead, Osgoode and Toronto - I applied access to all the schools that had the option. I feel like I have good EC (lots of volunteer work, many exec positions for school clubs, extracurricular sports, etc.) and average reference letters. I will also be applying to UBC, UVic, Thompson River, and Manitoba.

I am retaking the LSAT next week but haven’t had any time to study since the last time I wrote it. My PT average was a 164, but I get horrible test anxiety. I’m hoping I can crack a 160 but not very optimistic.

I would appreciate any insight that you can give me🙂

Very similar stats - got into both UO and Windsor (very early like early jan/feb) & waitlisted Oz, western, queens 

Just now, WUDALA said:

Very similar stats - got into both UO and Windsor (very early like early jan/feb) & waitlisted Oz, western, queens 

To add- bring ur LSAT up and u have a good shot. I felt like my LSAT brought me down. 

Hopefullyalawyer
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, WUDALA said:

Did you apply regular or access?

Thrive92
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Hopefullyalawyer said:

Hi everyone!

Now that the deadline for Ontario schools has passed, I figured I would try to see what my chances are. I applied to Ottawa, Queens, Western, Windsor, Lakehead, Osgoode and Toronto - I applied access to all the schools that had the option. I feel like I have good EC (lots of volunteer work, many exec positions for school clubs, extracurricular sports, etc.) and average reference letters. I will also be applying to UBC, UVic, Thompson River, and Manitoba.

I am retaking the LSAT next week but haven’t had any time to study since the last time I wrote it. My PT average was a 164, but I get horrible test anxiety. I’m hoping I can crack a 160 but not very optimistic.

You are likely to be admitted into TRU with those stats. Although your LSAT score may hamper your chances a little, your L2 gpa may make up for it for TRU.

You don't need to answer this if you would not want to, but what is your access claim? Do you have a doctor's diagnosis in regards to this, and has it affected you academically?

You can also check out your chances for UBC using the following index formula:

(0.2678 * GPA Percentage) + (0.1986 * LSAT Score) + 36.5952

If you receive an index score of 92 or higher, you are likely to be admitted. However, keep in mind that UBC deducts upto 12 of your worst credits (this only applies if you are applying with a 4 - year degree).

The median gpa is 83%, which roughly translates to 3.85 gpa from the 4.33 scale. The median LSAT score is 166. If you can get your LSAT score to somewhere around that median score, you are more likely to be admitted.

UVic also has an index formula:

(GPA on 4.33 scale * 125) + (LSAT Percentile * 5)

The index score that determines that an applicant is competitive seems to slightly change from one cycle to another, but it is around 905 and 915.

Keep in mind that the median GPA for UVic is 3.81 and the median LSAT 163/164 (89th percentile). UVic also drops your worst credits as well (upto 30 credits if you have completed 140 or more courses).

I cannot comment on the other schools, as I do not know them as well.

Good luck

Hopefullyalawyer
  • Law School Admit
8 hours ago, Thrive92 said:

You don't need to answer this if you would not want to, but what is your access claim? Do you have a doctor's diagnosis in regards to this, and has it affected you academically?

I do have a doctors diagnosis. My access claim was that my learning disabilities and ADHD negatively impacted my academic performance.

Thrive92
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, Hopefullyalawyer said:

I do have a doctors diagnosis. My access claim was that my learning disabilities and ADHD negatively impacted my academic performance.

You are likely to be admitted to TRU, but as for UBC and UVic, unfortunately I cannot say the same. Hopefully this changes once you complete the November LSAT and you get somewhere in the mid - 160s as you have been PTing.

Futurelawyer123
On 11/4/2021 at 12:25 AM, Hopefullyalawyer said:

Hi everyone!

I had similar stats and got waitlisted at Osgoode. 

• Like 2