Chance me please! LSAT 155, CGPA 3.89, L2 - 4.0 B3 - 3.9

lawyerlylawyer

lawyerlylawyer
  • Law School Admit

I am trying to get into UofT, Osgoode, Queens or Western

I know I have a low LSAT but hoping my CGPA makes up for it.  

Edited by MADHOR2

• lawyerlylawyer changed the title to Chance me please! LSAT 155, CGPA 3.89, L2 - 4.0 B3 - 3.9
Kimura
  • Lawyer

I know someone who got into Oz with the same LSAT as you and lower CGPA, L2, B3, but they had pretty impressive work experience, extra curriculars and some experience publishing. Stats are important, but I know Oz takes a holistic approach. So, with regards to Oz, depending on your work experience and extra curriculars, you do have a chance. Not sure about the other schools, although I think U of T may be a long shot with your LSAT. Your GPA is solid though. If you scored 158-160+ on LSAT I think you'd have a pretty good shot at most schools.

• Like 2

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

With your L2, you have a decent shot at Western and Queens. I agree with @Kimura that if your WE & ECs are solid, you will probably be in Osgoode too.  U of T is unlikely if you don't get your LSAT to 160+. Their 25th LSAT last cycle was 165, a whopping 10 scores above yours (bear in mind that's a 30% difference in percentile). Considering that many applicants scoring low 160s also have a 3.7+ GPA, even with a near perfect B3 you're not very competitive. If you can rewrite in November or January, then definitely go for it.

Good luck with your applications.

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 1

lawyerlylawyer
  • Law School Admit

Thank you both. I have pretty good WE because I was in co-op and my EC are not bad. I'm redoing my LSAT in Jan but don't feel that hopeful especially because I am struggling with LR and RC and there's only 2 months left. 

What's the lowest LSAT that UofT accepts (if you know anyone who got in with a low stat)? 

Pendragon
  • Lawyer
31 minutes ago, mammoodo said:

Thank you both. I have pretty good WE because I was in co-op and my EC are not bad. I'm redoing my LSAT in Jan but don't feel that hopeful especially because I am struggling with LR and RC and there's only 2 months left. 

What's the lowest LSAT that UofT accepts (if you know anyone who got in with a low stat)? 

A 155 score is in the 64th percentile which means that almost 40% of test-takers scored higher than you. This LSAT score is too low for all of these schools even with your high GPA. Some people anecdotally getting in with scores in the 150s does not help you, because the vast majority that apply will not. I would not be surprised if you were rejected from all these schools. You need a backup option or two.

lawschoolapplicant123
  • Law School Admit

I applied last year with a CGPA of 3.98 and an LSAT score of 155 and got declined everywhere. I am reapplying this year and retaking the LSAT in January in hopes of being admitted somewhere. I definitely don't want to discourage you but it would be ideal for you to retake the LSAT in January based on my experience. Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

Eatable Bran
  • Law Student

For U of T 159 was the lowest last year, and 158 the year before (though this person had a master’s and several years experience in the legal industry in some capacity). 

I can’t speak to your chances for the other schools, but if you applied general for U of T it is extremely unlikely that you’ll be getting in with that LSAT. Unfortunately, while your B3 is great, 3.88 was the average B3 for admitted students last year, so it isn’t really high enough to compensate for you LSAT that is 13-points lower than the average (168).