chance me please. cgpa: 3.94 LSAT: 159

law000099

law000099
  • Law School Admit

chance me please. cgpa: 3.94 L2: 3.94 B3: 3.95 LSAT: 159 first attempt (retaking in Jan), strong personal statement, two co-op jobs during undergrad + TA experience during undergrad. Applied to UBC, U of T, Western, Queens, Osgoode, and Ottawa. Thanks! 

Edited by zzzz34

Borat
  • Law Student

What's your cumulative GPA as a percentage? Calculate it using this tool, as UBC doesn't use the 4.0 or 4.33 scale for admissions. With your current LSAT, you'd need at least 88-89% to be competitive. 

For the Ontario schools, your GPA is really high, so you're pretty competitive for all of them, with the exception of UofT. Probably need at least a few more points on the LSAT to have a decent chance there.

law000099
  • Law School Admit
13 minutes ago, Borat said:

What's your cumulative GPA as a percentage? Calculate it using this tool, as UBC doesn't use the 4.0 or 4.33 scale for admissions. With your current LSAT, you'd need at least 88-89% to be competitive. 

For the Ontario schools, your GPA is really high, so you're pretty competitive for all of them, with the exception of UofT. Probably need at least a few more points on the LSAT to have a decent chance there.

Thanks! its a 88.37% on the UBC scale so hoping for a decent shot. 

• Like 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Your GPA is amazing. I'd say you're likely a shoo-in for every school besides UofT. If you can make your LSAT up to low or mid 160s, then your stats will get you into UofT also.

Thrive92
  • Applicant

You are likely to be admitted into UBC. Your cgpa is competitive enough to overcome your LSAT score. Keep in mind that UBC drops your worst 12 credits, which may likely increase your cgpa even further.

I cant speak for the other schools though as I do not know much about ontario.

Good luck.

Edited by Thrive92

• 1 month later...
law000099
  • Law School Admit

So, I got my OLSAS GPA and turns out I did slightly better than I had calculated myself.

cGPA: 3.95 L2: 3.94 B3: 3.97

Specific to UofT (as its my first choice), does the .02 bump in my B3 help offset the 159 a little more? Silly question in the broader perspective of holistic admissions, but it's really hard to predict how reverse splitters are evaluated and seems like even small increases in either category (GPA/LSAT) can be the difference between rejected and admitted. 

If anyone who has experience as a reverse splitter and being admitted to U of T could shed some light, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, zzzz34 said:

Specific to UofT (as its my first choice), does the .02 bump in my B3 help offset the 159 a little more? Silly question in the broader perspective of holistic admissions, but it's really hard to predict how reverse splitters are evaluated and seems like even small increases in either category (GPA/LSAT) can be the difference between rejected and admitted. 

UofT favours applicants with higher GPA, and they're explicit about it in their policies. I do see some successful applicants with a near-perfect cGPA/B3 and a below 25th percentile LSAT score in the previous cycles, although those DPs could be biased since little is known about their softs and PS. If you're above the 75th percentile GPA, an incremental change isn't going to make a meaningful difference because in that range you only compete with a small portion of applicants. I'd say in this scenario your PS will come into play heavily. 

law000099
  • Law School Admit
2 minutes ago, LordBONSAI said:

UofT favours applicants with higher GPA, and they're explicit about it in their policies. I do see some successful applicants with a near-perfect cGPA/B3 and a below 25th percentile LSAT score in the previous cycles, although those DPs could be biased since little is known about their softs and PS. If you're above the 75th percentile GPA, an incremental change isn't going to make a meaningful difference because in that range you only compete with a small portion of applicants. I'd say in this scenario your PS will come into play heavily. 

Appreciate the advice as always @LordBONSAI 🙂