Can law schools see I took the LSAT if my score hasn't been released?

sushiloverrr

sushiloverrr
  • Applicant

Hello everyone - thanks for reading and for helping out! I gave the LSAT in November last year but due to a family emergency, had to leave the country and never got a chance to finish the writing sample. I also withdrew my application from UBC and never found out my score - my test went really badly though.

I'm looking to give the LSAT again in January 2022 but I'm wondering if it's better not to finish the writing sample as of yet because I don't want UBC to see the old score. I'd like them to see the January score if possible. I'll be submitting my app for Fall 2022.

Would they be able to see that I took the LSAT and didn't finish the writing sample?

Thanks for all the help! 🙂

Renerik
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, sushiloverrr said:

I'm looking to give the LSAT again in January 2022 but I'm wondering if it's better not to finish the writing sample as of yet because I don't want UBC to see the old score. I'd like them to see the January score if possible. I'll be submitting my app for Fall 2022.

You can't dodge a poor LSAT score by waiting out the year-long LSAT Writing Sample deadline. If you want to see your next LSAT score, you'll have to take the writing sample eventually and that will remove the hold on all LSAT scores - including the one from November 2020.

UBC will eventually see your old LSAT score if you reapply, but they won't care. They only take your highest LSAT score.

If you're planning on applying next cycle, why write the LSAT in January? Practice more and take it this coming summer.

For those of you curious about what happens if you let the year-long writing sample window lapse, you simply won't be able to see your score unless you:

• Call LSAC and pay them 15-20$ to let you take the writing sample or;
  • Register for a second LSAT and write the writing sample then.

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
4 hours ago, Renerik said:

You can't dodge a poor LSAT score by waiting out the year-long LSAT Writing Sample deadline. If you want to see your next LSAT score, you'll have to take the writing sample eventually and that will remove the hold on all LSAT scores - including the one from November 2020.

UBC will eventually see your old LSAT score if you reapply, but they won't care. They only take your highest LSAT score.

If you're planning on applying next cycle, why write the LSAT in January? Practice more and take it this coming summer.

For those of you curious about what happens if you let the year-long writing sample window lapse, you simply won't be able to see your score unless you:

• Call LSAC and pay them 15-20$ to let you take the writing sample or;
  • Register for a second LSAT and write the writing sample then.

Fall 2022 is this cycle.

Renerik
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, Rashabon said:

Fall 2022 is this cycle.

Ah, "I'll be submitting my app for Fall 2022" had me thinking he'd submit in Fall 2022.

My point stands OP, UBC will eventually see your score but will only care about the highest one. As long as you're registered for a future LSAT, they won't assess your file so just take the writing sample.