Chance me! LSAT 162 cGPA: 77% B2/L2: 79% Drop25%: 80%

SaskLawApplicant

SaskLawApplicant
  • Applicant

Trying to be realistic with my chances at any school right now.

I'm thinking my only options might be at uNB or uSask. I do have Saskatchewan connections which would give
me slight preference at uSask. However, how they calculate your best two years would destroy my grades, since they do not take spring/summer classes or part time, which were a significant portion of my grades (I was in the Co-operative education program and worked
full time for all of my later semesters.)

Thrive92
  • Applicant

For U of Sask, I would say that you have a decent shot: their applicant profile is around 78-79% and a 159 LSAT score. Your LSAT score will help you alot in getting admitted.

I cannot speak for uNB as I do not know about the school.

Why are your only options those two schools? there are several other law schools that you may have a chance in

Anyways for usask you gucci fam.

Film Twerk GIF by nss sports

Good luck

Edited by Thrive92

SaskLawApplicant
  • Applicant
3 minutes ago, Thrive92 said:

For U of Sask, I would say that you have a decent shot: their applicant profile is around 78-79% and a 159 LSAT score. Your LSAT score will help you alot in getting admitted.

I cannot speak for uNB as I do not know about the school.

Why are your only options those two schools? there are several other law schools that you may have a chance in

Good luck

Looks like USask updated some documents on their website showing that the 21-22 admissions had an average of 83% (https://admissions.usask.ca/documents/brochures/adv_law.pdf).  Using their odd calculation method, I think I’m looking at B2(excluding spring and summer, and part time) of around 74%. 

For UNB, they drop your bottom 25% of grades which brings my gpa up to about 80%. Which I think is equivalent to a 3.7 gpa? I think the university I graduated from is one of the only to exclusively use % grades.

Which other schools could be an option with my lower gpa?

Thrive92
  • Applicant
Just now, SaskLawApplicant said:

Looks like USask updated some documents on their website showing that the 21-22 admissions had an average of 83% (https://admissions.usask.ca/documents/brochures/adv_law.pdf).  Using their odd calculation method, I think I’m looking at B2(excluding spring and summer, and part time) of around 74%. 

For UNB, they drop your bottom 25% of grades which brings my gpa up to about 80%. Which I think is equivalent to a 3.7 gpa? I think the university I graduated from is one of the only to exclusively use % grades.

Which other schools could be an option with my lower gpa?

If your B2 is a 74%, then yeah things are going to be a bit different.

Keep in mind though that the 2021 - 2022 cycle for many law schools (U of Sask probably included) saw an abnormally competitive cycle compared to those before it. I would consider this cycle with a massive grain of salt.

im salty rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

SaskLawApplicant
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, Thrive92 said:

If your B2 is a 74%, then yeah things are going to be a bit different.

Keep in mind though that the 2021 - 2022 cycle for many law schools (U of Sask probably included) saw an abnormally competitive cycle compared to those before it. I would consider this cycle with a massive grain of salt.

im salty rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Yeah, it’s frustrating that the way they calculate B2 basically eliminates all of my higher grades.

Thrive92
  • Applicant

Yeah, it’s frustrating that the way they calculate B2 basically eliminates all of my higher grades.

What is your L20 courses/L60 credits? Including the summer semester. Are you willing to study in Alberta/BC?

If your L20 courses/L60 credits is 3.7 or higher, I encourage you to consider U of Alberta, U of Calgary, and TRU. I also think you may have a chance at Dalhousie.

SaskLawApplicant
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, Thrive92 said:

What is your L20 courses/L60 credits? Including the summer semester. Are you willing to study in Alberta/BC?

If your L20 courses/L60 credits is 3.7 or higher, I encourage you to consider U of Alberta, U of Calgary, and TRU. I also think you may have a chance at Dalhousie.

L20/B20 is about a 79%. Just under a 3.7, I think?

Thrive92
  • Applicant

L20/B20 is about a 79%. Just under a 3.7, I think?

With an LSAT score of 162, you have a shot at those schools I mentioned above.

Good luck buddy

SaskLawApplicant
  • Applicant
21 minutes ago, katiecan said:

Have you looked at Manitoba? They also drop of percentage of your lowest grades and convert your marks to an AGPA 4.5 scale. This scale really helps out if you have classes over 90%. This is last years info page: https://umanitoba.ca/student/admissions/media/law_bulletin.pdf

Thanks for the info!! With my 10 lowest grades dropped my AGPA would be a 4.0 and I’d have a really good chance at being accepted!

Timmy23
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, SaskLawApplicant said:

Thanks for the info!! With my 10 lowest grades dropped my AGPA would be a 4.0 and I’d have a really good chance at being accepted!

Yeah with a 4.0 and a 162 you should have an excellent chance at Manitoba (I have almost identical stats so praying for the both of us haha)

Renerik
  • Law Student

OP, you should take the LSAT before asking for your chances. Asking about hypothetical stats is bad form. 

image.png

• Nom! 1