How do law schools view reapplicants?

Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

If someone applied last cycle but was declined, and then reapplied, how do law schools view this?

Does it look bad/neutral/good?

I suspect that it looks good because it shows that you're persistent and determined 🤷

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

I wouldn't expect it to factor in to the assessment in any way. What you've done in the intervening year is going to be far more influential. 

• Like 2

Peanut Butter
1 hour ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

I wouldn't expect it to factor in to the assessment in any way. What you've done in the intervening year is going to be far more influential

Makes sense. I agree. Thanks for your reply.

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

Uhm, @Hegdis what is going on? Why did GorillasAreDelicious become a peanut butter jar? 

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • Nom! 1

WiseGhost
  • Law Student

Anecdotally, I've heard that some schools do view reapplicants positively, particularly if you've done work to correct weaknesses in your candidacy since your first application. 

Piffle
  • Law Student

I was a re-applicant who got accepted the second time around.

Based on my experience: if you don’t raise any red flags (i.e., your grades don't get noticeably worse; your life story and goals don't suddenly become different in your updated personal statement; you don't do nothing for a year since you first applied, etc.), then I don't think your status as a re-applicant will make any material difference

Edited by Piffle

Peanut Butter
5 hours ago, Piffle said:

if you don’t raise any red flags (i.e., your grades don't get noticeably worse; your life story and goals don't suddenly become different in your updated personal statement

Is your previous years application reviewed again?