Chance with WES converted GPA3.61 and LSAT168

Addison917

Addison917
  • Applicant

Hi guys,

I didn’t take my undergraduate in North America so I had to send my grades to WES and get the converted GPA(3.61), and my LSAT score is 168.

I only applied for Osgoodes... Is there any chance for me? I heard recently the cycle is getting wilder...

Addison917
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

Your GPA is slightly under Osgoode's median but your LSAT is well over it, so your chances at Oz are good.

Thanks.

I’m just worrying that overseas GPA is given less credit and in that case 3.61 seems to be even lower than the median 3.69...

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, Addison917 said:

Thanks.

I’m just worrying that overseas GPA is given less credit and in that case 3.61 seems to be even lower than the median 3.69...

To my knowledge, it's an issue in the states. Foreign transcripts are not reported numerically by WES to LSAC, so American schools will put less weight on your GPA. But I haven't heard of the same thing in Canada. As long as your undergrad school is legit, I don't think Osgoode will see your transcript differently from those earned in North America.

Edited by LordBONSAI

99problems
  • Lawyer
On 11/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, Addison917 said:

Thanks.

I had to submit a WES evaluation too. I got competitive stats, and people with similar stats received offers sooner that I did. At that time, I attributed that to my foreign transcript. That said, I received admission from every school I applied to.

Your LSAT score is really good, so you stand a very good chance. My advice: stop overthinking about it. You cannot do anything regarding your GPA at this point.