159LSAT, 4.19GPA (Dal calculated, Dal student)

lawap12

lawap12
  • Applicant

Odds at Dal?

posting on behalf of a friend.

They have strong EC’s, volunteer, strong PS (I edited it so I’m biased 🙂), a lot of 2SLGBTQ+ advocacy in the province, and a current Dal student (biology) 

4.19 is on the 4.3, and 159 lsat was in June of this year. 

They thank you in advance! (So do I)

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant

84.47 index? If so, they're above the historically competitive applicant index of 80. I don't know enough about Dal's admissions procedures/class profiles to know for sure, but if that calculated index is correct and they put together a good personal statement, I'd be confident if I were in their position. 

lawap12
  • Applicant
28 minutes ago, ClarkGriswold said:

84.47 index? If so, they're above the historically competitive applicant index of 80. I don't know enough about Dal's admissions procedures/class profiles to know for sure, but if that calculated index is correct and they put together a good personal statement, I'd be confident if I were in their position. 

Thank you! They only applied to Dal, and aren’t totally confident in themselves - I think they’ll be ok!

Renerik
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, lawap12 said:

Thank you! They only applied to Dal, and aren’t totally confident in themselves - I think they’ll be ok!

Even at an 84 index, only applying to one school is pretty risky. Unless they are bound to the province, they should look into applying elsewhere too.

• Like 2