Ryerson application

Michaelscott11

Michaelscott11
  • Applicant

Hello,

I’m not sure if this question has been asked before but are the actual Ryerson video interview questions anything like the practice ones they provide? Not looking for the actual questions of course but are they of the same type? (Casual, random, creative, etc). 

Rubber.Ducky
  • Law School Admit

Yes, the real questions are similar to the practice in terms of “feel”. You are given 30 seconds to prep your answer and one minute to answer. Hope this helps! 

babylawyer
  • Law School Admit

I found them completely different—they are way more standard questions about your interest in law school and experience in the actual interview, not like the random ones they ask in the practice. You also have less time to prepare your answers than they give you in the practice (if I remember correctly it was only 30 seconds of prep in the real interview, and only one minute to answer, which I think was less than the practice). 

• Like 1

Michaelscott11
  • Applicant

I did the interview last night, thanks everyone! I forgot to update you guys and let y’all know it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Yes that was my experience too @babylawyer . Standard law school questions that speak to your interest in law/law school. Overall, not bad. Good luck to those who will be completing it soon! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Michaelscott11 said:

I did the interview last night, thanks everyone! I forgot to update you guys and let y’all know it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Yes that was my experience too @babylawyer . Standard law school questions that speak to your interest in law/law school. Overall, not bad. Good luck to those who will be completing it soon! 

So basically the questions are about interest in law and law school and not those basic questions like favourite movie and all?

9 hours ago, Michaelscott11 said:

13 hours ago, babylawyer said:

I found them completely different—they are way more standard questions about your interest in law school and experience in the actual interview, not like the random ones they ask in the practice. You also have less time to prepare your answers than they give you in the practice (if I remember correctly it was only 30 seconds of prep in the real interview, and only one minute to answer, which I think was less than the practice). 

And how much time is given for the written section?

oliviaspencer80
  • Applicant
56 minutes ago, JackyJ said:

So basically the questions are about interest in law and law school and not those basic questions like favourite movie and all?

Yeah they’re more geared towards standard law school questions so I think if you have a few general responses down you're good. I also don’t know if the questions are different for everyone so keep that in mind.  But doing the practice questions over and over again will help with the whole thinking on your feet and prepare you for whatever questions come your way. I also got my brother to mock interview me for like 5-10 mins so that my responses stuck lol. Did a good mix of fun random questions and the standard law school ones. Hope this helps 🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oliviaspencer80 said:

Yeah they’re more geared towards standard law school questions so I think if you have a few general responses down you're good. I also don’t know if the questions are different for everyone so keep that in mind.  But doing the practice questions over and over again will help with the whole thinking on your feet and prepare you for whatever questions come your way. I also got my brother to mock interview me for like 5-10 mins so that my responses stuck lol. Did a good mix of fun random questions and the standard law school ones. Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you for your response.

And what is the duration for the written interview?