Chance me please! cGPA: 3.74, L2: 3.94, B3: 3.95, LSAT: ? (JAN 2022)

Sundin13

Sundin13
  • Applicant

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Applied to all Ontario law schools for Fall 2022. Taking the LSAT for the first time in January 2022. Diagnostic score of 146 at the beginning of Sept 2021. Thereafter, finished the LG bible and now taking an intensive prep course, hoping to pull of a 155+ score on the January LSAT.  Any ideas on where I have shot at with my stats and say a 155 on the upcoming Jan 2022 LSAT? Would love to go to Ryerson Law, given its focus on tech and law. My undergrad was in IT, along with co-op experience at one of the big 4 and other IT firms. 

Not sure if it will make a difference- but my undergrad was from Ryerson as well!

Edited by Sundin13

• Renerik changed the title to Chance me please! cGPA: 3.74, L2: 3.94, B3: 3.95, LSAT: ? (JAN 2022)
Renerik
  • Law Student

Until you have an official LSAT score on the books, no chance comment will mean anything. You could do much better, or worse, on the actual test compared to your practice. 

• Like 2

Sundin13
  • Applicant

Thanks for the reply! Completely understand your point…just want to get some sort of idea on what I should be shooting for on the lsat. 

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
On 11/22/2021 at 4:25 PM, Sundin13 said:

Thanks for the reply! Completely understand your point…just want to get some sort of idea on what I should be shooting for on the lsat. 

The answer is always to aim as high as you can. You might be bang on for the averages for your preferred school, but if the cycle last year taught us anything, it’s that stats can change in a big way. Keep pushing, score as high as you can. Good luck on the LSAT, once you have a score people (other, smarter people, not me) will be able to give their input on your chances. 

Sundin13
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Totally_Bucked said:

The answer is always to aim as high as you can. You might be bang on for the averages for your preferred school, but if the cycle last year taught us anything, it’s that stats can change in a big way. Keep pushing, score as high as you can. Good luck on the LSAT, once you have a score people (other, smarter people, not me) will be able to give their input on your chances. 

Thank you! Appreciate the input! 

1 hour ago, Lycidas said:

155 is probably too low. Ryerson's on a high horse after doing surprisingly well in the recruits. Aim for 160+

Aiming for that elusive 160+ … let’s see what happens! Thanks for the advice! 

Sundin13
  • Applicant

Apparently Ryerson only looks at your best 20 courses for GPA…hoping that will be able to compensate for a possibly lower LSAT 🙏 I believe my B20 is around perfect, but I’m sure many of my fellow candidates have the same advantage! 

• Like 1