Confused About the Law Applicants GPA Calculator

ShouldHaveBeenAnEngineer

ShouldHaveBeenAnEngineer
  • Applicant

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone had more info on how the law applicants GPA calculator worked because the numbers its calculating don't really make sense to me. Currently it has my CGPA as somehow higher than my last two even though both my second and third year marks were way higher than my first. Im currently in my fourth year so I know that it is using marks from my second year to calculate my L2 but even still it shouldn't be lower than my CGPA. Is it doing something wrong or is that actually what my GPA's are?

ShouldHaveBeenAnEngineer
  • Applicant

I've triple checked at this point, I'm confident it's not that. Does the website calculate summer courses differently, that's the only thing that I could think of.

ShouldHaveBeenAnEngineer
  • Applicant

I figured out what the issue was and I wanted to post it here in case anyone else was having difficulties. The reason was that I had the session dates filled out according to my uni (UofT) but the website does them differently. Due to that, some of my earlier marks were being calculated in my last two - hopefully this helps someone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ShouldHaveBeenAnEngineer said:

I figured out what the issue was and I wanted to post it here in case anyone else was having difficulties. The reason was that I had the session dates filled out according to my uni (UofT) but the website does them differently. Due to that, some of my earlier marks were being calculated in my last two - hopefully this helps someone else.

Happy that you figured out the issue.

For clarity, the calculator expects years to be in the following format:

• 2021 Fall starts in September 2021
  • 2021 Winter starts in January 2022
  • 2022 Fall starts in September 2022

This is the way most schools do it but if yours does not then you'll have to convert it into this format. I am aware that some schools make the year the current calendar year rather than the academic year (e.g., Winter 2022 is actually part of the 2021-2022 academic year and follows Fall 2021), which is not how the calculator expects to see dates.

• Like 1