Chances? GPA: 3.62 L2: 3.8, LSAT 161, 156

damigan

damigan
  • Law School Admit

Applied uOttawa, Osgoode, UBC and UofT (longshot). I'll say average personal statements and references because who even really knows. 

Any ideas if it's worth retaking LSAT in January and risking another bad write or just waiting for the next cycle and taking a good half-year to study more? 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

To get into UBC, you're aiming for a 170+ (based on past index score). While this could happen, I don't think a lot of LSAT takers will leap from low-160s to 170s easily within a month. Ottawa is a very cGPA school. Still, you may have a shot at it. I would say Osgoode is unlikely and UofT virtually a no-go based on your stats and softs.

It's not a bad idea to rewrite if there's chance you'll score higher. If money is no issue, register for the exam and see whether you could improve significantly on any section in December. If not, I'd say wait until next cycle. 

Edited by LordBONSAI

damigan
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

To get into UBC, you're aiming for a 170+ (based on past index score). While this could happen, I don't think a lot of LSAT takers will leap from low-160s to 170s easily within a month. Ottawa is a very cGPA school. Still, you may have a shot at it. I would say Osgoode is unlikely and UofT virtually a no-go based on your stats and softs.

It's not a bad idea to rewrite if there's chance you'll score higher. If money is no issue, register for the exam and see whether you could improve significantly on any section in December. If not, I'd say wait until next cycle. 

Thanks for the reply! Should have mentioned that my UBC average with drops is 86.2 (OLSAS GPA really does wonders eh), so a 165 would put my index in the mid 92s. Appreciate the advice!

• Like 1