Chances? CGPA 3.90/4.0, Masters CGPA 3.96/4.0, LSAT 157

Lll367

I am a university applicant and have excellent Personal Statement and references (one academic whom I am very close with and also was my supervisor for my SSHRC grant research project, and one professional). I graduated from my Master’s degree in 2019 and have been working since. (did both undergrad and masters at McGill in music performance). I also have excellent ECs from when I was a student, was the VP/president of over 6 clubs and was heavily involved with student politics (Senate, Orientation Week Coordinator, etc). And not sure to what degree volunteering would reflect on my chances, but I have quite extensive volunteering experiences as well. 

My work experiences include working as an Artistic Director, founding member of a nonprofit to increase accessibility to classical music to underprivileged youth, board member for theatre company with emphasis on bridging the English and French communities in Canada, working as a staff pianist at McGill university, etc.

I’ve applied to UofT, McGill, Osgoode, Ryerson, Queens and Ottawa. My top choice would be McGill as I live in Montreal but I would be happy to go to any of the schools in Toronto also. I know that I have a competitive application but my LSAT score is low (only got to prep for 3 weeks 🥲) I’m aiming for minimum 160 in the January exam to make my application more competitive. Thoughts? Should I cancel my November score? 

• Like 1

Archaeolaw
  • Law Student

I think you're in at Ottawa and Queens. You probably have a solid chance at Osgoode as well because they're pretty holistic (although a 160+ on the Jan LSAT would help a lot). U of T looks a little unlikely without a higher LSAT. 

I wouldn't bother canceling your score since virtually all Ontario schools take your highest score anyway. Not sure about McGill though. 

• Like 1

tiktok
  • Law Student

In at Ottawa, queens and ryerson. Osgoode is a maybe. Mcgill is a black box. Uoft is a no 

Edited by tiktok