I only applied to one school. Chance me? (cGPA: 3.53, LSAT: 166)

huckleberry

huckleberry
  • Applicant

I applied to only UOttawa as I was really interested in their option in Health Law!

Background info:

cGPA: 3.53/ L2: 3.82 / B3: 3.77 (Followed an upward trend from first year all the way till my fourth year). 
LSAT: two writes; 161 Oct and 166 Nov

ECs:
-Held leadership positions on a dance team and was a member as well as a choreographer all throughout undergrad
-Resident Assistant/Residence Life
-Various other lower-commitment ec's than the first two: tutoring, first year residence council, undergrad moot team

This is my first go at law school applications, so not sure what to expect!
Might re-take the LSAT in the summer if I don't get in as I was PT'ing 170+ before the Nov test; I think I'm just not the best test-taker. 

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

Congrats on that LSAT increase! Bold of you to apply to only one school but I think you have a good shot. I know someone who currently goes there who got in with lower stats.

bluebean
  • Law Student

I think you have a very good shot at getting in as your stats are competitive all around. As long as your PS is solid, you should be in (PS will likely be the deciding factor for you). Your LSAT is good enough not to retake and your overall stats are quite competitive at most schools in Canada.

If you don't get in, I'd recommend looking into other schools too as plenty have interesting options to explore health law. No uni really has an advantage in pursuing a career in the field of health law so I personally wouldn't rule out other options.

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

UOttawa looks at your cGPA rather than L2 or B2. Its median is around 3.7, but since your LSAT is great, you'll most likely get in.