Chances at UNB CGPA 3.9/4.3 LSAT 158

UNBdreamer

UNBdreamer
  • Applicant

Hello, I was hoping for an indication of if my grades and LSAT are high enough to likely get into UNB. I’m a New Brunswick resident in my fourth year of my BA and with the lowest 25% of my grades taken off my application CGPA is 4.2. I am signed up for the January LSAT as well to increase my 158 score, but I’m wondering if I am good enough to apply now and get in or if I should wait until February to apply. Deadline is March 1st but scholarship deadline is in January. I got about 15k in scholarships for my undergrad so far and would really like to be able to apply before the scholarship deadline, but I’m concerned I won’t be considered unless my LSAT is higher. Any advice on how to proceed? UNB is my dream school and I was not planning on applying anywhere else in the meantime. I will be applying in the discretionary category as well because I have ADHD, OCD, anxiety, depression, interstitial cystitis and a neck tumor. I’ve also had two medical leaves in my undergrad for surgeries and my tumor surgery will make it three. I also worked at a bank in first year, the recruitment office as a work study assistant in second year and I am currently an undergraduate teaching assistant. I am also an executive member of the Classics and Ancient History Society and have done a lot of volunteer work for the university and have a great reference letter from UNB faculty of Arts. 

10 hours ago, UNBdreamer said:

Hello, I was hoping for an indication of if my grades and LSAT are high enough to likely get into UNB. I’m a New Brunswick resident in my fourth year of my BA and with the lowest 25% of my grades taken off my application CGPA is 4.2. I am signed up for the January LSAT as well to increase my 158 score, but I’m wondering if I am good enough to apply now and get in or if I should wait until February to apply. Deadline is March 1st but scholarship deadline is in January. I got about 15k in scholarships for my undergrad so far and would really like to be able to apply before the scholarship deadline, but I’m concerned I won’t be considered unless my LSAT is higher. Any advice on how to proceed? UNB is my dream school and I was not planning on applying anywhere else in the meantime. I will be applying in the discretionary category as well because I have ADHD, OCD, anxiety, depression, interstitial cystitis and a neck tumor. I’ve also had two medical leaves in my undergrad for surgeries and my tumor surgery will make it three. I also worked at a bank in first year, the recruitment office as a work study assistant in second year and I am currently an undergraduate teaching assistant. I am also an executive member of the Classics and Ancient History Society and have done a lot of volunteer work for the university and have a great reference letter from UNB faculty of Arts. 

Apply ASAP.

In the meantime you can still take the January LSAT since UNB takes your highest LSAT score.

You may get in before getting your January LSAT score but taking it will be no harm.