3rd year mature/access category applicant

Jbens

Jbens
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone,

I apologize if I'm not meant to post here. That aside, I am finishing my third year and have applied to every lawschool in Ontario other than Ryerson Law and lakehead or Arrowhead U ( im not sure what its). I am also applying to Schulich law (Dalhousie).  I wanted to know what you all have to say about my prospects are of getting into Osgoode, Dalhousie, Queens, Western, and Winsdor Law. I know there are a handful of factors at play and that no one here can answer with certainty, nonetheless, I am very interested to hear from any Alumni or those who have been accepted, especially those accepted under the Mature (I'm 27) and/or Access categories. 

I am particularly interested in Dalhousie (Schulich Law) so any knowlege there would be amazing!

I currently have a 4.23/4.3 or 3.96/4 (olsac calculated) and I'm taking my LSAT in January and I am testing between a 160-165, though I just started studying for the first time in afew months so I may score above a 165. At the same time, I may get a 158-160. In that case, what would my chances be then? For extra-curriculars, I held a position in the student law association during my second year. I have extensive life experience, two strong academic references, and a compelling personal statement. However, I write academically and had to re-adjust to writing about myself so the quality of writing was very strong, but not amazing.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. I am using my phone and my spellcheck doesn't work properly. 

Hard to predict without an actual LSAT score

Mature candidates for Western

Western

Mature candidates must have at least five years of non-university experience since leaving high school, which need not be consecutive, and must have attended university for a minimum of two years.

Mature applicants are asked to provide a resumé as a supplementary document when filing their application, as we will give greater weight to the work and life experience of mature candidates in our holistic assessment.

We do not set a specific minimum or competitive threshold for Mature applicants, as the applicant pool may vary year to year, and mature applicants may have various skills and life experiences to offer.  Moreover, we have noted over time that the strongest mature applicants tend to have academic records and LSAT scores that approach the competitive level of general category applicants.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...