Can an offer be revoked?

JudgingJudy

JudgingJudy
  • Law School Admit

So I am registered for the jan lsat but I wont be taking it - if I dont take it, what happens? 

And if I do - but I score poorly will my current offer to a law school be revoked? 

Please let me know 

AMG
  • Law Student

Your offer was based upon what information law schools had at the time they offered you admission. 

Aside from a few schools who average scores, most schools take your best LSAT. So even if you do worse than your last attempt it should not negatively affect anything. 

Edited by AMG
  • Thanks 1

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

In the four and a half years or so that I’ve been paying attention to law school admissions, I’ve never heard of an offer being revoked.

Hardly a determinative answer, I know, but I think barring something really exceptional (like failing a bunch of courses or something), you’re fine. A bad LSAT score almost definitely won’t get your offer revoked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1