U of T law scholarships

Bananaman

Bananaman
  • Applicant

Hi, I was wondering how generous U of T is with scholarships and bursaries beyond the regular financial aid they provide. I know if you accept you are automatically considered for scholarships, but I was wondering if anyone here has gotten any additional scholarships and knows how common it is to get them. 

Thanks, appreciate all responses. 

HammurabiTime
  • Lawyer

Not particularly generous. There are some scholarships but when I was there they were largely awarded to members of particular groups. If you are a member of one of those groups you may get a bit of extra money but I don't think it's usually a significant amount. The vast majority of students will get whatever extra money they get through the financial aid program.

• Like 1

cherrytree
  • Lawyer

https://www.law.utoronto.ca/academic-programs/jd-program/financial-aid-and-fees/bursaries-and-scholarships

UTLaw financial assistance has been pretty much 100% needs-based in recent years (i.e., bursaries and loans to cover the interests accrued on your line of credit during your time in school, according to your financial need as assessed by the financial aid office). As far as I know, they don't automatically consider and give out merit-based scholarships. The link above has some info on scholarships for Aboriginal students and students from other diverse backgrounds, but you would have to apply separately if you qualify for any of them.