Chance me - 3.2 CGPA 161 LSAT

Greenjuice

Greenjuice
  • Applicant

Hi everyone,

Looking for perspective on the probability of getting into a school this cycle. I've applied to Queen's, Western, Ottawa, Windsor, and Osgoode. While I know my CGPA is weak, I did explain in my PS that I developed a severe chronic pain condition during my undergraduate studies (second year) which is now under control. My GPA trended upwards after receiving treatment but my L2 is scattered because I didn't take a full course load. I also worked two part-time jobs throughout my undergrad to support myself and health expenses. Not sure if this will be enough to compensate and explain my poor GPA. I am also aware that my LSAT is nothing special so I would definitely take it a second time and apply next cycle.

I know that I have incredible softs but sometimes the emphasis on stats feels very discouraging. I don't want to get my hopes up if it is unlikely that I will be accepted to any of these schools. 

I appreciate feedback on this! Thanks folks and good luck with all of your apps 🙂

coffeelover
  • Law School Admit

Hey I got accepted this cycle to Queens with 3.21 cgpa and 160 lsat (applied through access category). So there is hope- Just wait it out!

• Like 2

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
20 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

Apply to UNB and TRU ASAP.

Maybe not TRU with the acceptance mess they made last year.  

8 minutes ago, coffeelover said:

Hey I got accepted this cycle to Queens with 3.21 cgpa and 160 lsat (applied through access category). So there is hope- Just wait it out!

Your L2: 3.86, correct?

5 minutes ago, dimsum1 said:

Maybe not TRU with the acceptance mess they made last year.  

Don't worry much about that. It is a very good school.

coffeelover
  • Law School Admit
4 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

Your L2: 3.86, correct?

Yes, that is correct my L2 is 3.86. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
7 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

It's fine and the admission fiasco isn't a reason not to apply, but let's not devalue the description "very good."

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

My issue isn't whether it was a good school or not.  It's that they ended up offering those folks last cycle a guaranteed spot for this cycle, so there are potentially far fewer spots this time around.

Edited by dimsum1

9 minutes ago, dimsum1 said:

My issue isn't whether it was a good school or not.  It's that they ended up offering those folks last cycle a guaranteed spot for this cycle, so there are potentially far fewer spots this time around.

Got you.

Greenjuice
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, coffeelover said:

Thank you so much for sharing this. It definitely encourages me to be patient. Congratulations on your success with Queens! I also applied through access so fingers crossed!

20 hours ago, dimsum1 said:

Good to know! Thanks for updating me on this.

20 hours ago, NowOrNever said:

Apply to UNB and TRU ASAP.

20 hours ago, CleanHands said:

It's fine and the admission fiasco isn't a reason not to apply, but let's not devalue the description "very good."

Good to know! Thanks for sharing folks

law-yer
  • Law School Admit
On 1/11/2022 at 1:56 PM, Greenjuice said:

Hi everyone,

Looking for perspective on the probability of getting into a school this cycle. I've applied to Queen's, Western, Ottawa, Windsor, and Osgoode. While I know my CGPA is weak, I did explain in my PS that I developed a severe chronic pain condition during my undergraduate studies (second year) which is now under control. My GPA trended upwards after receiving treatment but my L2 is scattered because I didn't take a full course load. I also worked two part-time jobs throughout my undergrad to support myself and health expenses. Not sure if this will be enough to compensate and explain my poor GPA. I am also aware that my LSAT is nothing special so I would definitely take it a second time and apply next cycle.

I know that I have incredible softs but sometimes the emphasis on stats feels very discouraging. I don't want to get my hopes up if it is unlikely that I will be accepted to any of these schools. 

I appreciate feedback on this! Thanks folks and good luck with all of your apps 🙂

You might have a chance for Ottawa and Windsor. How is your EC? You can think of applying to UNB, Robson Hall, Saskatchewan and UVIC.

Good luck!

Greenjuice
  • Applicant
45 minutes ago, law-yer said:

You might have a chance for Ottawa and Windsor. How is your EC? You can think of applying to UNB, Robson Hall, Saskatchewan and UVIC.

Good luck!

I've worked as a summer student at 4 big companies in different fields within head office, maintained part-time jobs throughout undergrad, 500+ volunteer hours including loads of community based leadership positions, completed a coop placement and completed a work-study position with my professor. Probably should have spend more time on academics all considering.

I'll definitely consider applying to these schools next cycle. Thank you for suggesting.