Chances: LSAT 152,162 (November) , CGPA: 3.85 (OLSAS), L2/B2 3.87

yellow16

yellow16
  • Applicant

Hello Everyone! I would greatly appreciate some thoughts on my chances at all the Ontario Law Schools. 

I completed a BA (specialized in public administration and law), a professional undergraduate certificate, and am completing a graduate certificate in a law adjacent subject (3.9 GPA per OLSAS thus far, this is not and would not be included in my CGPA calculation).

I have fairly basic extracurriculars that include:

• full-time  administrative job throughout my full-time undergraduate studies (entry level position, healthcare related, 6 years)
  • executive member of my university student success committee for 1 year and a mentor for 2 years (this includes various events like orientation, note sharing, and coordinating events)
  • operate a virtual and free tutoring service for individuals transitioning from high-school to university (2 years)
  • lead liaison/ mentor for a non-profit organization who teaches advocacy to elementary school students (3 years)
  • year round legal internship (3 years)

References (3 in total :2 academic, 1 professional) - I would say fairly strong

I am worried because:

1) My first LSAT score is quite low in comparison to my second LSAT score

2) My extracurriculars are not very unique. 

Thankyou for reading! I am just worried that I'm too bland of an applicant.

Edited by yellow16
n/a

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Ontario schools only look at your highest LSAT, so I wouldn't be too concerned about a low score from the first try. Your stats are at or above the medians of almost every school except for UofT. Judging from the numbers alone, I'll say you look good for Queen's, Western, Ottawa, Lakehead, Windsor and Osgoode. Ryerson is up in the air since its admissions data are not yet available. UofT might be a long shot with your LSAT but everything is possible (especially if you wrote a strong PS and the optional essay). Law school admissions are mostly about stats, and you should be pretty confident with a solid GPA and LSAT like that.

Best of luck.

Edited by LordBONSAI

10 hours ago, yellow16 said:

Hello Everyone! I would greatly appreciate some thoughts on my chances at all the Ontario Law Schools. 

I completed a BA (specialized in public administration and law), a professional undergraduate certificate, and am completing a graduate certificate in a law adjacent subject (3.9 GPA per OLSAS thus far, this is not and would not be included in my CGPA calculation).

I have fairly basic extracurriculars that include:

• full-time  administrative job throughout my full-time undergraduate studies (entry level position, healthcare related, 6 years)
  • executive member of my university student success committee for 1 year and a mentor for 2 years (this includes various events like orientation, note sharing, and coordinating events)
  • operate a virtual and free tutoring service for individuals transitioning from high-school to university (2 years)
  • lead liaison/ mentor for a non-profit organization who teaches advocacy to elementary school students (3 years)
  • year round legal internship (3 years)

References (3 in total :2 academic, 1 professional) - I would say fairly strong

I am worried because:

1) My first LSAT score is quite low in comparison to my second LSAT score

2) My extracurriculars are not very unique. 

Thankyou for reading! I am just worried that I'm too bland of an applicant.

Should be good for at least 3 or 4 Ontario Schools.

yellow16
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

Ontario schools only look at your highest LSAT, so I wouldn't be too concerned about a low score from the first try. Your stats are at or above the medians of almost every school except for UofT. Judging from the numbers alone, I'll say you look good for Queen's, Western, Ottawa, Lakehead, Windsor and Osgoode. Ryerson is up in the air since its admissions data are not yet available. UofT might be a long shot with your LSAT but everything is possible (especially if you wrote a strong PS and the optional essay). Law school admissions are mostly about stats, and you should be pretty confident with a solid GPA and LSAT like that.

Best of luck.

11 hours ago, luckycharm said:

Should be good for at least 3 or 4 Ontario Schools.

Thank-you both for your feedback. I really have my fingers crossed for this cycle and am feeling nervous after writing the January LSAT.