No movement?

law44

law44
  • Applicant

Anyone know why there hasn't been any movement since Dec. 15? COVID related issues with the office or people just not posting? 

Opinions? 

webster709
  • Law School Admit

My guess would be a bit of both. Applications are still being accepted until March, so only a limited amount of seats have been given out thus far. It's also a smaller class in the Atlantic provinces, so its not everyone's cup of tea

• Thanks 1

Lucky7
  • Law Student

In previous years there were a lot more offers from UNB posted by now on the old forum, but the competitiveness of the last cycle may be making them more reluctant to send out as many early acceptances. I'm not sure about UNB, but other universities had serious issues with sending out too many offers early on last year, because they didn't realize how high the applicant pool and LSAT scores would be. The LSAT averages are lower than last year, but still higher than other years. I'm anxiously waiting for a response to my application as well, but I don't think there's anything to worry about yet.

• Thanks 1

law44
  • Applicant

Thanks to you both! 

I was placed on the waitlist last year so I guess I’m just a bit anxious. I officially finished my Masters degree so I’m hoping it’ll boost my chances to actually get a seat this year. 

NotHarvardReady
  • Law School Admit

Do you mind sharing your stats? I was waitlisted last year as well and am also hoping for a seat. Best of luck to you! 

wtfamidoing
  • Law School Admit
21 minutes ago, law44 said:

Thanks to you both! 

I was placed on the waitlist last year so I guess I’m just a bit anxious. I officially finished my Masters degree so I’m hoping it’ll boost my chances to actually get a seat this year. 

7 minutes ago, NotHarvardReady said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? I was waitlisted last year as well and am also hoping for a seat. Best of luck to you! 

Did you guys move off the waitlist? I don't mean to pry, I was always just curious about how much it moved

NotHarvardReady
  • Law School Admit

Unfortunately not, and they didn’t release the waitlist rankings so I have no idea how close I would have been to getting admitted.

Fortunately, I re-wrote the LSAT in November and increased my score by 7 points from last years score, and I’ve been working in a law firm since June, so I’m feeling a little more confident with my application!

Edited by NotHarvardReady

law44
  • Applicant
6 hours ago, NotHarvardReady said:

Yeah no prob! 

154 LSAT, 3.4/4.0 GPA for my undergraduate but special circumstances as to why they’re on the lower end. 

4.0/4.0 for my masters degree and I’m currently a policy analyst for the government so hoping that’ll add to the application! 

NL resident. 

law44
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, NotHarvardReady said:

Thanks for providing your stats! Im an NL resident as well!

Nice! Fingers crossed we hear something soon. What are your stats if you don’t mind sharing? 

NotHarvardReady
  • Law School Admit

3.1 CGPA (without drops), 3.9 L2 (without drops), 158 LSAT

Edited by NotHarvardReady

law44
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, NotHarvardReady said:

3.1 CGPA (without drops), 3.9 L2 (without drops), 158 LSAT

I feel like we're both pretty strong applicants when I think about previous year statistics! I wonder if being put on the waitlist last year will have any effect on our application this year? 

NotHarvardReady
  • Law School Admit

I really hope so! I know it’s still only early in the cycle, but I’m worried the applications are even more competitive this year 

law44
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, NotHarvardReady said:

I really hope so! I know it’s still only early in the cycle, but I’m worried the applications are even more competitive this year 

oh really? Why do you think that? I was hoping for the opposite lol 

NotHarvardReady
  • Law School Admit

I’ve been monitoring the admissions pages for most law schools and it seems the stats are even higher than last year, especially lsat scores. Hopefully it’s just because they are admitting the strongest applicants first 😅

Lucky7
  • Law Student
23 minutes ago, NotHarvardReady said:

I’ve been monitoring the admissions pages for most law schools and it seems the stats are even higher than last year, especially lsat scores. Hopefully it’s just because they are admitting the strongest applicants first 😅

According to actual LSAT data, the averages are down from last year. Higher than other years but lower than last, so I wouldn't be too stressed.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
dimsum1
  • Law School Admit

I (and I guess a bunch of others) got an email that status has changed.  

However, it brought me to the decommissioned site, but I emailed them and they said that even though my application was submitted in full in Aug (I submitted them the same time I applied to Ottawa and Western), it was just declared "complete" today.  They said the majority of the admissions will be late-Apr/May.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1