Is Windsor Law Good?

FlamingJohnn51

FlamingJohnn51

So I have accepted my admission offer for Windsor Law but have been disappointed by seeing all the negative views on Windsor Law from this forum. Can someone explain to me as to why that is, because I have worked hard to get to where I am and seeing the negative posts is kind of bothering me. Thank you for the kind responses in advance!

• Like 1

FlamingJohnn51
2 hours ago, Rashabon said:

Are you in the single JD or dual JD? Windsor single JD is a fine enough school. I understand they have a good reputation for retail law and social justice oriented opportunities, and they still do "okay" in corporate opportunities, on par with Ottawa and Ryerson, and a clear step below Queens/Western and two steps below U of T/Osgoode.

Most of the bashing of Windsor relates specifically to the dual JD, and it's because that program has rock bottom admissions standards and an exploitative degree structure with a bottom feeding US school.

I work with plenty of Windsor grads, both at my firm and at other firms and they all make fine lawyers and have good things to say about the school and their time there. Don't take it to heart. But just be aware that the reputations of schools is largely tied to the perceived strength of their student bodies, which ties back to admissions statistics. This is broadly universal in North American legal admissions.

Thank You So much for the reply, I am extremely looking forward to my time now at Windsor! I will be starting the single JD and will be looking to specialize in opportunities in social justice!

Edited by FlamingJohnn51

butterfly
  • Law School Admit

I think part of the problem is potentially outdated or inaccurate stats posted online for Windsor Law. Other schools inflate their admission averages by listing B2 or L2 as their gpa requirements and others even omit "holistic" acceptances from their stats. Windsor however is a cgpa school. Even then, if you chart class medians for 2020 and 2021 cycles based on these forums, the medians for Windsor are around 3.48/3.5. But everywhere online it still shows the average gpa needed for Windsor Law is as low as 3.15. <-- These stats must be very outdated and need an update. They also make the school seem super easy to get into and that doesn't help its reputation.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, butterfly said:

I think part of the problem is potentially outdated or inaccurate stats posted online for Windsor Law. Other schools inflate their admission averages by listing B2 or L2 as their gpa requirements and others even omit "holistic" acceptances from their stats. Windsor however is a cgpa school. Even then, if you chart class medians for 2020 and 2021 cycles based on these forums, the medians for Windsor are around 3.48/3.5. But everywhere online it still shows the average gpa needed for Windsor Law is as low as 3.15. <-- These stats must be very outdated and need an update. They also make the school seem super easy to get into and that doesn't help its reputation.

1st: Windsor is arguably the easiest school to get into in Ontario. 

2nd: Even if you chart every cGpa that gets posted on the forum it probably only adds up to about 1/5 of the class. So the median gpa is actually closer to 3.15 than you think. 

3rd: No law school is “easy to get into” per se. With that said though, out of all the law schools in Ontario Windsor is one of the easiest to get into. When you look at it in the spectrum of schools like Osgoode who have medians as high as 3.72 cGpa and a 164 LSAT it becomes much more clear. 

I’m not sure if you’ve gotten in anywhere just yet but if you haven’t, goodluck! Your acceptance will come soon 😊

• Like 2