PhD/JD

CrimeAndPunishment

CrimeAndPunishment
  • Applicant

Hello everyone, I was wondering if somebody has done a PhD/JD? I think I will do a masters in economics before going to law school since it was always something that I wanted to do. This way I can apply for PhD programs and law schools at the same time and hopefully get in for both. I was wondering if someone has an idea of how such a program would be run and how difficult it would be? Was the PhD harder than the law degree or vice versa? Was there a benefit to doing both or was one of them a waste of time? Did it help you get specialized legal or consulting jobs? If there is anyone on this forum that can give me a good idea of anything related to this I would love to hear from you.

Edited by CrimeAndPunishment

PhilosophyofLaw
  • Law Student

The information you're seeking is relatively easy to find through some independent research (for instance, here is UofT's info page on their JD/PhD in Economics program: https://www.law.utoronto.ca/academic-programs/jd-program/combined-programs/jdphd-economics). 

Edit: The OP's post was originally logistical in nature.

Edited by PhilosophyofLaw
  • Like 1