Schedule

bilron

bilron
  • Applicant

Anyone have an example schedule for first year they can share? Not the specific courses, just the average times you can expect to need to be at campus (pre-COVID I suppose). I’m a parent and just planning my life starting next fall.

Whist
  • Law Student

1L is split up into three cohorts, so the times can vary depending on which one you get placed into. One of the cohorts has an 8 AM start, and the other two start at 9 AM for a couple classes in a row, with a break starting around 12 PM, and will have a class pick back up at 2 PM, from Monday-Thursday. Each class is an hour long in the Fall and an hour and a half in the Winter. Friday always has one 2.5-hour class for which you're either placed in the morning or afternoon section, so 9:30 AM - 12 PM, or 2 PM - 4:30 PM.  You can DM me for a more detailed description if you'd like. 

Edit: because of the longer class times in the second semester, the morning classes move to an earlier start to accommodate. It's possible that more than one has an 8 AM start now. 

Edited by Whist
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
User456
  • Law School Admit

Do any of you remember approx when the schedule and cohorts are released? Just trying to organize other things and these will be super important to my planning! Assuming not until mid summer? 

User456
  • Law School Admit
42 minutes ago, SaltyGrips said:

Exam schedule is posted, albeit cohorts are not. 

Do you know when they are? 

PsychologicalBug
  • Law School Admit
33 minutes ago, User456 said:

I just spoke to Hilary and cohorts are assigned by Laura, in July, if anyone was wondering. 

Thanks for asking and for reporting back with this! I’m disappointed that it’s not any sooner than July. 

bilron
  • Applicant

By the way, I didn't get notified about this so perhaps there are other people who are unaware as well.

There is a registration info session in two days:

Registration Info Session

Monday, March 14

12:00-12:50pm

McLennan Ross Hall (LC231/237)

There is a zoom link to the session available in the registration manual located at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CJ_bmWggbjo0jT_kKUa_pBINHmDvUcwTyQ8SxKahW10/edit.

bobloblaw
  • Articling Student
5 hours ago, bilron said:

By the way, I didn't get notified about this so perhaps there are other people who are unaware as well.

There is a registration info session in two days:

Registration Info Session

Monday, March 14

12:00-12:50pm

McLennan Ross Hall (LC231/237)

There is a zoom link to the session available in the registration manual located at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CJ_bmWggbjo0jT_kKUa_pBINHmDvUcwTyQ8SxKahW10/edit.

That is a registration info session for upper year students, FYI. It is for incoming 2L and 3L students. 

• Like 3

Whist
  • Law Student

@bobloblaw is correct, that session is for upper years who get to pick and choose courses. 1Ls do not register themselves in classes - the faculty does it for you in July-ish. 

bilron
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, Whist said:

@bobloblaw is correct, that session is for upper years who get to pick and choose courses. 1Ls do not register themselves in classes - the faculty does it for you in July-ish. 

Well, that's good to know haha. Here I was wondering what I was gonna do come registration time in March. Thanks for that!

PsychologicalBug
  • Law School Admit

In case it is helpful for you, and since we don't get our exact schedules until July, here is what I determined from the info that is up right now for Fall Term

LAW 401

- M/T/W/H/F 0930-1150, 1330-1620 from September 7 to 15, or

- M/T/W/H 1700-2000 and F 0900-1150, 1300-1550 from September 7 to 20

Beginning September 16:

LAW 405A will be 0930-1150 or 1400-1620 on Fridays

LAW 410A will be M/W 1330-1430 regardless of section

LAW 420A will be M/W 0800-0900 or 1045-1145

LAW 430A will be T/H 0900-1000 regardless of section

LAW 435A will be either M/W 1445-1545 or T/H 1400-1500

LAW 440A will be T/H 1030-1130 regardless of section

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2