Slower cycle?

knowingnothing

knowingnothing
  • Applicant

Anyone like me feels this cycle is slower than previous cycles? Applied to a bunch of Ontario schools and UBC. Radio silence since Nov. I checked the records on this forum, seems to me that by this time a lot of schools had already begun their second wave. Stats are at or above both medians of all except UoT so I'm getting a bit anxious. Are admissions affected by omicron? Or they just need to wait for the jan lsat?

Edited by knowingnothing
  • Like 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

There were cycles where the second rounds came later than expected. I wouldn't count on last year's timeline because the cycle was aberrant: An unusual number of high stats people applied and schools gave out more acceptances early on until they realized that they could over enroll. I don't know if you've checked LSD out yet but many top US schools haven't yet sent any offers so far. They're getting much more cautious this year. I guess adcomms are still processing apps and figuring out what stats are competitive this year. 

Next week will probably see a big wave. Queen's and Western are both projected to kick off a bulk of acceptances. (per their websites, unless the info is outdated.) UofT announced that a second wave would come in late January. UBC typically gets out many offers in the same week. The only exception I can think of is Oz, which really doesn't have 'waves' but rather rolling admissions. Patience is a virtue that is even more valued this year.

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 5

knowingnothing
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

There were cycles where the second rounds came later than expected. I wouldn't count on last year's timeline because the cycle was aberrant: An unusual number of high stats people applied and schools gave out more acceptances early on until they realized that they could over enroll. I don't know if you've checked LSD out yet but many top US schools haven't yet sent any offers so far. They're getting much more cautious this year. I guess adcomms are still processing apps and figuring out what stats are competitive this year. 

Next week will probably see a big wave. Queen's and Western are both projected to kick off a bulk of acceptances. (per their websites, unless the info is outdated.) UofT announced that a second wave would come in late January. UBC typically gets out many offers in the same week. The only exception I can think of is Oz, which really doesn't have 'waves' but rather rolling admissions. Patience is a virtue that is even more valued this year.

Thank you for this input. I appreciate it.