Special Applicant Deadlines

existentialdread

existentialdread
  • Law Student

Hey friends, 

Maybe I am just dumb but I seem to be struggling to find a clear deadline on extra documentation for special applicants. Do references need to be in by Feb 1 or can they be submitted later?

user789
  • Law Student

I applied as a special applicant as well and I was under the impression that everything is due Feb 1st, application and supporting documents. So I believe you need to have your references submitted by then since they are still considered supporting documents.

existentialdread
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, achryst21 said:

I applied as a special applicant as well and I was under the impression that everything is due Feb 1st, application and supporting documents. So I believe you need to have your references submitted by then since they are still considered supporting documents.

Thank you. I’m not sure if I’m just missing a chunk of information but I didn’t see much on the website. Did they post parameters of what they want for references anywhere? Do our references just have to email their reference letters or do I need to upload them to the portal after I submit? 

user789
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, existentialdread said:

Did they post parameters of what they want for references anywhere?

On the College of Law page, under Special applicants and additional documentation it says "two supporting letters of reference from people (non-family members) who can comment on the applicant's aptitude and potential for law studies. These reference letters must come directly from the individual supplying the reference through your online account." I essentially asked my reference providers to write about my ability to do well in law school despite my disadvantages. 

1 hour ago, existentialdread said:

Do our references just have to email their reference letters or do I need to upload them to the portal after I submit?

What you need to do is log onto your application portal; in order to do this you have to applied and already paid the application fee. From there go to "My application", and click on "2022 Fall Term - Law - Juris Doctor". Once there click on "Supplemental Items & Documents", and at the very bottom of that page there will be a section that says "Recommendation requests". What you need to do is fill out those requests by providing the name and email of the person who will be giving you a letter of recommendation. One you fill those out, a email will be sent to those people with a link and that is how they upload their letters.  

Edited by achryst21