uOttawa vs Queens?

coffeelover

coffeelover
  • Law School Admit

I have gotten accepted to these two schools and I am having a hard time choosing between them and which school would be the better choice.

I am looking to pursue a career in corporate law and would like to eventually move to Toronto to pursue this field. Both schools seem to be good choices and have great opportunities for me to grow in. I have lived in Ottawa all my life so the transition to law school would not be difficult, however Queens would be a new experience (! From your experience/opinion which school would be better for me to attend?

I am asking for advice in regard to the student experience and atmosphere. Which school has better community all around? I would also like to know which schools would present me with more or better opportunity to work in corporate law Toronto. Thank you!

ArchivesandMuseums
  • Articling Student
1 hour ago, coffeelover said:

I have gotten accepted to these two schools and I am having a hard time choosing between them and which school would be the better choice.

I am looking to pursue a career in corporate law and would like to eventually move to Toronto to pursue this field. Both schools seem to be good choices and have great opportunities for me to grow in. I have lived in Ottawa all my life so the transition to law school would not be difficult, however Queens would be a new experience (! From your experience/opinion which school would be better for me to attend?

I am asking for advice in regard to the student experience and atmosphere. Which school has better community all around? I would also like to know which schools would present me with more or better opportunity to work in corporate law Toronto. Thank you!

I am a student at uOttawa law, but you should choose Queen's if you aim for corporate law. uOttawa law does not have particular strengths in corporate law.

In terms of students' culture, although I think that there is a good community spirit throughout uOttawa law, I believe that Queen's may have better community spirit due to its smaller size than uOttawa law.

• Like 1

Darth Vader
  • Lawyer
5 hours ago, coffeelover said:

Have you seen this? Why would you be considering uOttawa?

https://ultravires.ca/2021/11/toronto-summer-2022-2l-recruit-numbers/ 

• 2 weeks later...
BananaSlug
  • Law Student

I attend uOttawa and love it. However, I would choose Queen's for corporate law. They have a business law clinic and a lot of course offerings in this area. As someone above mentioned, Queen's also places more students in the Toronto recruit than Ottawa does. On a practical note, Queen's is also a few hours closer to Toronto than Ottawa. 

Congrats on your acceptances!