chances?

hopefullylaw

hopefullylaw
  • Applicant

L2: 3.6

cgpa: 3.1

LSAT: 159

Volunteer at labs and around edmonton. Also explained that I was undiagnosed with a neuro developmental disorder until third year in personal statement. Applied in the access category

TheLawyer
  • Lawyer

I'd say a 60-70% chance. 

LSAT is good, L2 is good, and your history/experience/access category, should hopefully put you over the edge. 

Good luck.

Edited by TheLawyer

Sundin13
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, TheLawyer said:

I'd say a 60-70% chance. 

LSAT is good, L2 is good, and your history/experience/access category, should hopefully put you over the edge. 

Good luck.

Could I get your input on my chances for Ottawa, I’ve got an OLSAS cGPA of 3.75, L2: 3.95 but sadly the LSAT is only a 152. Softs include co-op jobs working at Deloitte as a Tech Analyst, and a few other Tech roles at major IT firms. Undergrad was in IT/Business. Long term volunteer with a global medical charity providing assistive devices & meds to underserved populations, as well as a volunteer IT/multimedia role with a federal political party. 
Would truly appreciate your opinion on my chances, I know it’s a long shot given my poor LSAT! 

TheLawyer
  • Lawyer
12 hours ago, Sundin13 said:

Could I get your input on my chances for Ottawa, I’ve got an OLSAS cGPA of 3.75, L2: 3.95 but sadly the LSAT is only a 152. Softs include co-op jobs working at Deloitte as a Tech Analyst, and a few other Tech roles at major IT firms. Undergrad was in IT/Business. Long term volunteer with a global medical charity providing assistive devices & meds to underserved populations, as well as a volunteer IT/multimedia role with a federal political party. 
Would truly appreciate your opinion on my chances, I know it’s a long shot given my poor LSAT! 

Super hard to say. Your GPA is very high and very solid extra-curricular/job experience. I would say with a 155 LSAT you would get fairly easily but the 152 is a little low.

I'd say 35-40%, but just my opinion. 

• Like 1

Sundin13
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, TheLawyer said:

Super hard to say. Your GPA is very high and very solid extra-curricular/job experience. I would say with a 155 LSAT you would get fairly easily but the 152 is a little low.

I'd say 35-40%, but just my opinion. 

Thank you! Shooting my shot while I prep for a retake of the LSAT 🙂 

• Like 1

TheLawyer
  • Lawyer
6 minutes ago, Sundin13 said:

Thank you! Shooting my shot while I prep for a retake of the LSAT 🙂 

Just for perspective I was 156 LSAT, 3.44 cGPA, and 3.69 L2 and got in fairly early back 2016. I had a Master's degree as well.

I know a handful of people in my year that got in with a 155 LSAT and a 'slightly' lower GPA than me so I'm basing my assessment purely on anecdotal evidence.

Good luck.

Edited by TheLawyer

Sundin13
  • Applicant
5 minutes ago, TheLawyer said:

Just for perspective I was 156 LSAT, 3.44 cGPA, and 3.69 L2 and got in fairly early back 2016. I had a Master's degree as well.

I know a handful of people in my year that got in with a 155 LSAT and a 'slightly' lower GPA than me so I'm basing my assessment purely on anecdotal evidence.

Good luck.

Thanks for the insight, really appreciate it! 

• Like 1