Calgary Raise

Oscarworthy

Oscarworthy
  • Law Student

Hi everyone, 

I heard recently that most firms have upped the pay for summer and Articling students. These changes have not been updated on NALP. 

Can anyone confirm what firms have confirmed these raises and to what amount?

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

I think NALP is mostly accurate at this point. Although I doubt Cassels pays their summers $83,980 a week.

• LOL 1

Coolcucumberlaw
  • Law Student
On 10/16/2022 at 2:01 AM, Pantalaimon said:

I think NALP is mostly accurate at this point. Although I doubt Cassels pays their summers $83,980 a week.

$83,980 make sense with all the big deals we bring into the firm as summer students 

• LOL 1

DenningsRubbish
  • Law Student

Seems like the salaries are slightly higher than NALP. It wouldn't be proper to disclose any exact figures I have seen, but I would say that the figures are slightly higher than NALP suggests. 

Generally for Calgary, NALP seems to typically peg summer student Salaries at a monthly equivalent of $65,000, and put articling at $80,000. These were likely the figures from last year or a few years ago. Generally, they have increased these a bit (probably to attempt to stay competitive and adjust for inflation).