Chance me, please! L20 GPA 3.4, LSAT 169

pinsandneedles

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

Hi Y'all,

L20 GPA 3.4

LSAT 169

CGPA 2.9

I personally think I have a very compelling work history, and have written a very good personal statement. What do you all think? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. If I were to get an offer, do you think it would be later? The thought of waiting until June to get an offer is daunting to be sure. Thank you! 

Ital
  • Law School Admit
8 hours ago, pinsandneedles said:

Hi Y'all,

L20 GPA 3.4

LSAT 169

CGPA 2.9

I personally think I have a very compelling work history, and have written a very good personal statement. What do you all think? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. If I were to get an offer, do you think it would be later? The thought of waiting until June to get an offer is daunting to be sure. Thank you! 

Most likely in. You fall within the admitted applicant profile from 20/21. I'd say you will find out in either the February or March wave based on the admissions data from last year - a couple applicants with 3.4x and 16high were admitted in that time frame.

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

Thanks Ital!

Ugh. The wait is the hardest part. Just for peace of mind, it would be nice to have gotten in somewhere or anywhere at this point. I did apply to 14 schools, but no offers yet. That said, I did apply fairly close to the deadlines at most schools. 

After your reply, I looked back at the information available on this website from last year at UofA. It seems like a couple students with similar splitter numbers got accepted on Feb 18, 2021. I wonder if the numbers needed to get in will be lower/same/higher this year?

I talked to someone in the admissions office at UBC last week and they said they got 1600 applications this year, down from 1900 last year. So about a 16% drop in applications at UBC. Of course, who knows if that applies to Alberta. The economy is worse in Alberta, so that would generally mean more applications. Does anybody out there know how many applications UofA got this year vis-à-vis last year? As well, it seems that LSAT scores keep going up every year. 

I suppose this is all a moot point at this stage. Thanks for listening to my monologue. My sister, and best friend have been incredibly supportive, but even they have reached their breaking point where they don't want to hear any more about law school/lsat/GPA/final exams/chances/etc. 

Good luck everybody! 

Ital
  • Law School Admit
46 minutes ago, pinsandneedles said:

Thanks Ital!

Ugh. The wait is the hardest part. Just for peace of mind, it would be nice to have gotten in somewhere or anywhere at this point. I did apply to 14 schools, but no offers yet. That said, I did apply fairly close to the deadlines at most schools. 

After your reply, I looked back at the information available on this website from last year at UofA. It seems like a couple students with similar splitter numbers got accepted on Feb 18, 2021. I wonder if the numbers needed to get in will be lower/same/higher this year?

I talked to someone in the admissions office at UBC last week and they said they got 1600 applications this year, down from 1900 last year. So about a 16% drop in applications at UBC. Of course, who knows if that applies to Alberta. The economy is worse in Alberta, so that would generally mean more applications. Does anybody out there know how many applications UofA got this year vis-à-vis last year? As well, it seems that LSAT scores keep going up every year. 

I suppose this is all a moot point at this stage. Thanks for listening to my monologue. My sister, and best friend have been incredibly supportive, but even they have reached their breaking point where they don't want to hear any more about law school/lsat/GPA/final exams/chances/etc. 

Good luck everybody! 

I'm not sure how accurate the info is, but LSAC does have a nifty little graphic tool that outlines admissions stats for this year against last year: https://report.lsac.org/VolumeSummary.aspx

It does look like Alberta saw an approximate 10% decrease in applicants based off the data. This would be for UofA and UofC.

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

Thanks Ital!

You are awesome. Your willingness to help others is going to help you go far; I can tell.

That is some really solid intel. I wonder if that 10% drop in applications might translate into a 0.1-0.2 drop in accepted GPAs and/or 1-2 point drop in accepted LSATs? On the one hand, I would love to get in a year with an ultra-competitive cycle, but on the other hand, I just want to get in. 

I just need to get one accepted and then I can breathe a sigh of relief. Hopefully one of the 14 schools I applied to will accept me this week.

Have a great day! 🙂

15 hours ago, pinsandneedles said:

Hi Y'all,

L20 GPA 3.4

LSAT 169

CGPA 2.9

Did you have any F grades?

Did you graduate with a science degree?

The reason why I am asking is that I knew people with both higher L20 GPA and LSAT didn't get in Alberta in the past.