Chances 3.67/4.33 (after drops) LSAT 164

WestCoastBestCoast

WestCoastBestCoast
  • Applicant

Regular category. 8+ years fulltime work experience, mature applicant (30s), MA in Justice. I think I've got a strong PS and refs. Decent ECs.

Wondering thoughts on UBC and UVic

Thanks

Edited by WestCoastBestCoast

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

If I calculated your UBC index right, with a 90.5~ish index you would have very low chances there even in pre-covid cycles. They will consider your softs if you're borderline. (used to be between 91 and 92, in recent two cycles may be as high as low 92's).

You have a shot at UVic in my opinion. Last year there were 5 or 6 applicants admitted with your stats.

Edited by LordBONSAI

mjslava
  • Applicant
46 minutes ago, LordBONSAI said:

If I calculated your UBC index right, with a 90.5~ish index you would have very low chances there even in pre-covid cycles. They will consider your softs if you're borderline. (used to be between 91 and 92, in recent two cycles may be as high as low 92's).

You have a shot at UVic in my opinion. Last year there were 5 or 6 applicants admitted with your stats.

With UBC, if OP had an upward trend in his final two years, would that come into any consideration or are they pretty strict with the index?

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, mjslava said:

With UBC, if OP had an upward trend in his final two years, would that come into any consideration or are they pretty strict with the index?

I don't think so. UBC is pretty much stats-focused and quite selective. The 92 index threshold, though probably no longer valid, is nonetheless a reliable indicator of admissibility.

• Thanks 1