Chances? CGPA 3.72/LSAT 164

skg00

Hi i was wondering if someone could chance me for osgoode? I have good stats but I feel like my ECs aren't good at all. 

CGPA: 3.72
LSAT: 156 (oct 2021), 164 (jan 2022)
ECS: research trainee for toronto public health (summer job), special needs summer camp job, amusement park associate, summer soccer coach (one season only), receptionist at dental clinic, and LTC volunteer

Edited by skg00

• skg00 changed the title to Chances? CGPA 3.72/LSAT 164
Sundin13
  • Applicant
3 minutes ago, skg00 said:

That's an inspiring score jump in just 3  months! I am currently trying to get to a 160 from a 152 on the Jan 2022 test. I would really appreciate any tips or advice on getting the score up 🙂  Hoping to get to 160 in time for the June 2022 take! All the best and congrats on a great score!!

8 minutes ago, skg00 said:

Hi i was wondering if someone could chance me for osgoode? I have good stats but I feel like my ECs aren't good at all. 

ECS: research trainee for toronto public health (summer job), special needs summer camp job, amusement park associate, summer soccer coach (one season only), receptionist at dental clinic, and LTC volunteer

In.

• Like 1

soundofconfusion
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, skg00 said:

You're in, assuming your personal statement isn't a total mess. For what it's worth, I had an identical cGPA, a slightly better LSAT (166), and worse ECs and heard back in November.

Edited by soundofconfusion

14 minutes ago, soundofconfusion said:

You're in, assuming your personal statement isn't a total mess. For what it's worth, I had an identical cGPA, a slightly better LSAT (166), and worse ECs and heard back in November.

Thank you, and congrats on your acceptance!! 😀

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sundin13 said:

That's an inspiring score jump in just 3  months! I am currently trying to get to a 160 from a 152 on the Jan 2022 test. I would really appreciate any tips or advice on getting the score up 🙂  Hoping to get to 160 in time for the June 2022 take! All the best and congrats on a great score!!

Thank you so much! Honestly, I started studying pretty late (around late june) for the october LSAT and only used Khan Academy, which was probably not the best idea loll. But after the october LSAT, I started using 7sage. You probably know this, but the logic games section is the easiest to improve for most people so I just started drilling those and for for a couple days at a time, I would only do one specific type of logic game like grouping, sequencing, or mixed (and if I was doing grouping for a few days at a time, I would spend around half the day doing only one type of grouping (e.g. in/out). I think this worked for me because switching between different types of logic games while practicing just didn't feel as effective. I didn't do much practice for LR because I think it was something that came naturally to me and was usually my best section, so I only did LR questions when I was doing PTs. For RCs, I was always averaging like 19/27 so I started focusing on that after I got really good at the games. So I would honestly just suggest figuring out what your weakest section is and drilling questions (for me it was LG). Also, before the oct lsat, I would do PTs only once a week, but messed up my timing pretty bad during the actual test. So after october, I started doing PTs maybe every other day, which can be exhausting but I think this made the biggest difference in my score because you get a lot better at managing your time, and getting a sense of how much faster you need to go when you're doing a section. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Sundin13
  • Applicant
29 minutes ago, skg00 said:

Thank you so much! Honestly, I started studying pretty late (around late june) for the october LSAT and only used Khan Academy, which was probably not the best idea loll. But after the october LSAT, I started using 7sage. You probably know this, but the logic games section is the easiest to improve for most people so I just started drilling those and for for a couple days at a time, I would only do one specific type of logic game like grouping, sequencing, or mixed (and if I was doing grouping for a few days at a time, I would spend around half the day doing only one type of grouping (e.g. in/out). I think this worked for me because switching between different types of logic games while practicing just didn't feel as effective. I didn't do much practice for LR because I think it was something that came naturally to me and was usually my best section, so I only did LR questions when I was doing PTs. For RCs, I was always averaging like 19/27 so I started focusing on that after I got really good at the games. So I would honestly just suggest figuring out what your weakest section is and drilling questions (for me it was LG). Also, before the oct lsat, I would do PTs only once a week, but messed up my timing pretty bad during the actual test. So after october, I started doing PTs maybe every other day, which can be exhausting but I think this made the biggest difference in my score because you get a lot better at managing your time, and getting a sense of how much faster you need to go when you're doing a section. Hope this helps!

Appreciate it, this is huge! I am pretty much in the same boat, I left 2 games on the table in the JAN 2022 test, completely guessed them after spending the entire time on the first 2 games. I definitely feel like LG is my weakest and if I can just perfect that section then I think I should be able to come within striking range of a 160! Thanks again for the advice 🙂 

• Like 1