how are multiple transcripts considered for cgpa?

lawschoolapplicant77

lawschoolapplicant77
  • Applicant

I am currently completing my undergrad at uottawa and my CGPA at my school is 9/10 on their scale which I believe is a 3.85 on a 4-point scale, and that accounts for my second, third, and first semester of fourth year. I had completed my first year at another Ontario university and due to some health issues that I touched on in my PS it was lower, which means my CGPA for both schools by OLSAS is 3.65. 

I am wondering if uottawa will take the OLSAS cgpa at face value or will they look at each individual transcript? If they do look at each transcript would my higher GPA at uottawa work to my benefit? 

(not that it really changes how they see my GPA but my LSAT is 160 if that gives anymore context)

5 minutes ago, lawschoolapplicant77 said:

thanks lol im stressing!

You already got into DAL, right?

You will get into Alberta, Manitoba, Western, Ottawa & UNB, all the schools you applied to.

Edited by NowOrNever
  • Like 1

I'm actually wondering this too! My CGPA is a 3.75 for Dalhousie (where I'm completing my undergrad) but because of my horrible first year grades from a different university, my OLSAS CGPA is way lower. Do they take into account both transcripts or the just overall CGPA?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ontario 123 said:

I'm actually wondering this too! My CGPA is a 3.75 for Dalhousie (where I'm completing my undergrad) but because of my horrible first year grades from a different university, my OLSAS CGPA is way lower. Do they take into account both transcripts or the just overall CGPA?

They will consider both transcripts and overall CGPA.

What is your CGPA?

8 minutes ago, ontario 123 said:

OLSAS CGPA is 3.06:( and 163 LSAT 

That's a little bit tough for Ottawa.

Did you apply to any other schools?

Sundin13
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, NowOrNever said:

They will consider both transcripts and overall CGPA.

What is your CGPA?

I am in a similar boat when it comes to my GPA. My OLSAS cGPA is 3.75- it factors in a horrendous 2.3/4 GPA from one semester of life sciences I completed in 2012. I left that program immediately after that semester and then achieved a 3.92/4 GPA over a 4 year IT/Commerce degree. I was wondering how admissions might look at my situation considering the massive difference in GPA, any input would be really appreciated 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Sundin13 said:

I am in a similar boat when it comes to my GPA. My OLSAS cGPA is 3.75- it factors in a horrendous 2.3/4 GPA from one semester of life sciences I completed in 2012. I left that program immediately after that semester and then achieved a 3.92/4 GPA over a 4 year IT/Commerce degree. I was wondering how admissions might look at my situation considering the massive difference in GPA, any input would be really appreciated 🙂 

You have a 3.75 CGPA and that should be fine.

The only concern is your LSAT score: 152 is low but you still have a shot with 3.92/4 GPA for over 4 years.

Good luck!

Sundin13
  • Applicant
Just now, NowOrNever said:

You have a 3.75 CGPA and that should be fine.

The only concern is your LSAT score: 152 is low but you still have a shot with 3.92/4 GPA for over 4 years.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it! 

I am working on the LSAT again, hope to retake in June in the event that I need to reapply.

I also applied to Lakehead, Windsor & Ryerson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sundin13 said:

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it! 

I am working on the LSAT again, hope to retake in June in the event that I need to reapply.

I also applied to Lakehead, Windsor & Ryerson.

You may get into Windsor & Ryerson but it is very hard to predict them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NowOrNever said:

That's a little bit tough for Ottawa.

Yes, I applied to Queens, York, Windsor, Western and Dalhousie 

I should mention as well the huge difference in 1st year to my last 3 years (2.3/4 versus 3.75) which just makes my CGPA tough. 

1 hour ago, ontario 123 said:

Yes, I applied to Queens, York, Windsor, Western and Dalhousie 

I should mention as well the huge difference in 1st year to my last 3 years (2.3/4 versus 3.75) which just makes my CGPA tough. 

With L2 3.75 and LSAT 163 you will get into Queen's, Western and Dal.