Chances? GPA 3.55ish (complicated), LSAT 170, medical documents

transit

transit
  • Law School Admit

Hi! 

I promised myself i would stop checking various threads but I have not done that so I am now going to ask for opinions!

My GPA is kind of complicated -- It took me six years to get my undergrad, two at a college outside of Ontario where i essentially tanked due to medical issues and ended up with a 2.08 gpa, followed by a year off to get help and then two years at a college in ontario where i maintained a 4.0. my final two years were at a university in ontario where, according to OLSAS, i held a 3.55.

My LSAT was 170, taken june 2021

I have few ECs but documents from two doctors explaining that i was essentially nonfunctional until i attended the college in ontario and i worked full time throughout. 

Osgoode is my top choice -- I was waitlisted last year with worse stats after sending in my med documents months late. I know everyone is super anxious so I'm sorry to add another anxiety post to the thread!!!

edit: osgoode is my top choice but i'd take anywhere in toronto (so essentially ryerson because u of t isn't happening) or UBC but my ryerson interview was kind of trash (system glitched and I was unable to complete the written question, I emailed about it and never heard back)

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by transit

52 minutes ago, transit said:

Hi! 

I promised myself i would stop checking various threads but I have not done that so I am now going to ask for opinions!

My GPA is kind of complicated -- It took me six years to get my undergrad, two at a college outside of Ontario where i essentially tanked due to medical issues and ended up with a 2.08 gpa, followed by a year off to get help and then two years at a college in ontario where i maintained a 4.0. my final two years were at a university in ontario where, according to OLSAS, i held a 3.55.

My LSAT was 170, taken june 2021

I have few ECs but documents from two doctors explaining that i was essentially nonfunctional until i attended the college in ontario and i worked full time throughout. 

Osgoode is my top choice -- I was waitlisted last year with worse stats after sending in my med documents months late. I know everyone is super anxious so I'm sorry to add another anxiety post to the thread!!!

edit: osgoode is my top choice but i'd take anywhere in toronto (so essentially ryerson because u of t isn't happening) or UBC but my ryerson interview was kind of trash (system glitched and I was unable to complete the written question, I emailed about it and never heard back)

Good luck everyone!!

So your L2 GPA is 3.55, correct?

What is your cGPA(adding all credits toward your degree)?

transit
  • Law School Admit
12 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

So your L2 GPA is 3.55, correct?

What is your cGPA(adding all credits toward your degree)?

this is the part where it's vaguely complicated -- OLSAS doesn't recognize the first two schools, only the last one. the college i went to outside of ontario was not degree-granting but the college i went to in ontario was, but the reason i left was because even though it was a four-year honours bachelor every law school i contacted said it wasn't recognized. my OLSAS cGPA says 3.55 because it only counts the last two years so i've just been rolling with that and hoping whatever the fuck is going on with the other two schools somehow rounds out to something similar 

edit: i forgot to add the most important piece lmfao which is that assuming they're all weighted equally every time i've tried to calculate what my cGPA would be including all three schools it's ended up around 3.55, though the first two years did not actually produce any transfer credits and ultimately did not contribute to my degree

Edited by transit

1 hour ago, transit said:

this is the part where it's vaguely complicated -- OLSAS doesn't recognize the first two schools, only the last one. the college i went to outside of ontario was not degree-granting but the college i went to in ontario was, but the reason i left was because even though it was a four-year honours bachelor every law school i contacted said it wasn't recognized. my OLSAS cGPA says 3.55 because it only counts the last two years so i've just been rolling with that and hoping whatever the fuck is going on with the other two schools somehow rounds out to something similar 

edit: i forgot to add the most important piece lmfao which is that assuming they're all weighted equally every time i've tried to calculate what my cGPA would be including all three schools it's ended up around 3.55, though the first two years did not actually produce any transfer credits and ultimately did not contribute to my degree

You have a good shot to Osgoode, Western and Queen's.