Chances with written January LSAT and rolling admissions?

lawapplicant2022

lawapplicant2022
  • Applicant

Hey guys, I was just wondering how greatly the rolling admission that UofC undertakes would affect someone who rewrote their LSAT in January of 2022 (thus, completing my application after the LSAT is updated).

My stats are 164, L2: 3.528, CGPA: 3.5

I saw on the forum that people with my stats got in last year earlier in the cycle, December and January time. I was wondering if by completing my application later, mid February it should be updated, would my stats hold up less? Thanks for your input!

Uofc Average Stats:

AverageStudent2022
  • Articling Student

I would not be too concerned. You have great stats. I expect that you will get in.

Good luck!

• Like 1

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit
2 minutes ago, lawapplicant2022 said:

Hey guys, I was just wondering how greatly the rolling admission that UofC undertakes would affect someone who rewrote their LSAT in January of 2022 (thus, completing my application after the LSAT is updated).

My stats are 164, L2: 3.528, CGPA: 3.5

I saw on the forum that people with my stats got in last year earlier in the cycle, December and January time. I was wondering if by completing my application later, mid February it should be updated, would my stats hold up less? Thanks for your input!

Uofc Average Stats:

Good morning lawapplicant2022,

Great question! Following. I'm in a similar boat as you. I had everything submitted mid-January. My best LSAT score was June 2021, but I wrote again in January and got a lower score. 😞

When I emailed UofC mid-January asking them to review my file with my June 2021 score, they said that they would not review my application until my January score was in. I don't remember the exact wording on the website, but if my reading comprehension is any good, it seemed like they strongly implied that taking the January LSAT would put us at a disadvantage. My stats are:

LSAT 169

L20 3.3

CGPA 2.82 (OUAC calculation)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

• Like 1

User456
  • Law School Admit

I can't speculate on your stats, because I expected to be in already and i'm not (162, 3.85, good EC's, wrote in Nov), but in the many seminars I attended, U of C admissions said that it doesn't look upon your application negatively for writing in January, but since it's rolling admissions, there are technically less seats available than there would be if you applied earlier so it would be more competitive. I think it also said on the website it strongly encouraged students to write in November instead of January. That being said, I think many people are getting accepted recently (their transcripts etc were just uploaded) so there doesn't seem to be any rationalization lol. Sorry this isn't more helpful. Good luck!! I hope you get in. 

• Like 2

lawapplicant2022
  • Applicant

If this makes any of us feel better, I did hear that this admission cycle is substantially slower than previous years. Here's to hoping we get in sooner than later, or just getting in at all!

• Like 4

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

I wouldn't stress. Take a look at the accepted threads, both in the archive and this year - offers in Dec/Jan tend to have very strong stats (3.8+, 167+). You're maybe missing out on a few seats that get offered in late Jan/early Feb to the slightly-above-median crew, but as User456 noted you can end up without an offer by this point even if you wrote in November. If writing in Jan bumps your LSAT I think that helps a median-ish candidate more than being considered sooner.

Besides, there's nothing you can do about it now. So there's an additional reason not to stress 😉

• Like 1