When do rejections and waitlist information come out?

ReticentSnacker

ReticentSnacker
  • Applicant

Hello!

The two Alberta Law schools are my top choice but my LSAT/GPA combo are not great for this cycle (169 LSAT and 2.7 GPA - however I am a mature student). I have great work experience (law adjacent field) and extra curricular activities though.

So I can make career plans over the next year, when do rejections and waitlists begin rolling out for U of A? March? I would rather just know if I have to retake the LSAT next June at this point.

• Like 1

User456
  • Law School Admit

From looking through the archives from the other platform, I think waitlists are sent out in April/May for the U of A, but not sure about U of C. I believe a large amount of acceptances still go out in March so I don't think waitlist or rejections would be until after that, but that's just my assumption. 

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, ReticentSnacker said:

Hello!

The two Alberta Law schools are my top choice but my LSAT/GPA combo are not great for this cycle (169 LSAT and 2.7 GPA - however I am a mature student). I have great work experience (law adjacent field) and extra curricular activities though.

So I can make career plans over the next year, when do rejections and waitlists begin rolling out for U of A? March? I would rather just know if I have to retake the LSAT next June at this point.

Hang in there! I'm in pretty much the exact same boat. LSAT 169, 2.82 CGPA, Mature student. I'm pulling for you! 

• Hugs 1

Radio_Edit
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, ReticentSnacker said:

Hello!

A 169 is good. Why retake a 169 if your GPA is only 2.7? Couldn't you boost your L60 instead?

ReticentSnacker
  • Applicant

I feel like it is easier to break into the 170s in June than it is to take another year of masters level courses to Bump my L20. Probably because I’m off my game.

3 hours ago, pinsandneedles said:

Hang in there! I'm in pretty much the exact same boat. LSAT 169, 2.82 CGPA, Mature student. I'm pulling for you! 

We’ve got this!!! I hope….

I really am having a hard time not hating my early 20s self!

• 2 weeks later...
Lawyerup36
  • Applicant

I agree with radio edit, I would not retake the lsat with that score I would seriously consider boosting that gpa. Even as a mature applicant, below a 3.0 is highly unlikely anywhere and taking the lsat minimal times is better, show that you can have an upward trend on your gpa and then you’ll be golden. Boosting a gpa is not difficult, it’s a lot harder maintaining a 3.9 when you start with it. Whatever you choose good luck! Rooting for all the mature applicants out there (like me)

On 2/14/2022 at 8:36 AM, User456 said:

From looking through the archives from the other platform, I think waitlists are sent out in April/May for the U of A, but not sure about U of C. I believe a large amount of acceptances still go out in March so I don't think waitlist or rejections would be until after that, but that's just my assumption. 

True story, I’ve seen others post that they were not rejected till April/May and some waitlisted in June with movement at the end of August! I don’t think there really is a time frame unfortunately. However, I will say that on February 18, someone did post a rejection for U of C (surprisingly early) but this does show that some have been rejected already.  

• Like 1

mj1995
  • Applicant
On 2/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, ReticentSnacker said:

I feel like it is easier to break into the 170s in June than it is to take another year of masters level courses to Bump my L20. Probably because I’m off my game.

You know you can go back and take undegrad courses i am not really sure what the shame is? I also didn't do that well in my early 20s went back to athabasca so I could apply to the U with a 4.0 I don't know why you wouldn't consider that over an improved LSAT. UofA is one of the only law schools that takes masters courses in their GPA just an fyi I looked into it because I have an MBA, UofC and the rest you applied to only take undergrad courses so that 2.75 is really going to hurt you. 

You breaking a couple points on the LSAT into the 170s is not going to make up for your L20. The admitted profile for the UofA last year is below, theres no applicant under a 3.3. Also the one's that have 3.3 scored higher than you, you may be at a loss this year unfortunately. I wish you the best but I would consider another semester or two to improve the other half of your application.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-u9luOkViBOYVM2bWFMcmJNcUpOZVBZY0lsTVpyOGRIaGFR/view?resourcekey=0-HmKCZRYcwwdh8Mm1BUgAew

Edited by mj1995

Lilbb19
  • Articling Student
On 2/14/2022 at 12:36 PM, ReticentSnacker said:

you dont have to do masters level. As long as its upper level. I went back and did a victory lap of 300 level courses 

• Like 1

mj1995
  • Applicant
On 2/14/2022 at 6:23 AM, ReticentSnacker said:

Hello!

is your L20 a 2.7? or your cGPA? You should count back the last 20 classes including your masters if you have one for a more accurate perspective.