U of M (Robson Hall) vs. USask?

LilLawbb

LilLawbb
  • Applicant

Received offers to both schools yesterday! (Happy Vday to me.)

I'm from BC and am worried about the cold. 😂 I would also like to practice in BC. Any advice?

LilLawbb
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

Wait for a BC school's offer.

What are your stats if you don't mind?

Approximately 3.67 unweighted/no drops (my own calculation). 170 LSAT. 

For various reasons, I only applied to UVic in BC. My application has been under review since Feb 1st. 

Edited by LilLawbb
UGPA*

2 minutes ago, LilLawbb said:

Approximately 3.67 unweighted (my own calculation). 170 LSAT. 

For various reasons, I only applied to UVic in BC. My application has been under review since Feb 1st. 

You should be in.

I would choose TRU over UofM and USask if I were you.

LilLawbb
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, NowOrNever said:

You should be in.

I would choose TRU over UofM and USask if I were you.

Any specific reasons why? Perhaps your opinion of the schools or something about practicing in BC? 

I hope they accept me! My undergraduate experience was a little unconventional -- plenty of WECs (withdrawn under extenuating circumstances).

Otherwise, I am about to submit my Dalhousie application. I might wait for next cycle and apply to all three BC schools. 

10 minutes ago, LilLawbb said:

Any specific reasons why? Perhaps your opinion of the schools or something about practicing in BC? 

I hope they accept me! My undergraduate experience was a little unconventional -- plenty of WECs (withdrawn under extenuating circumstances).

Otherwise, I am about to submit my Dalhousie application. I might wait for next cycle and apply to all three BC schools. 

Yes, it is about practicing in BC plus the weather.

I suggest that you ask TRU ASAP if you can submit a late application - probably yes (the deadline was only 5 days ago, right?).

If not then apply to DAL and UNB if you don't want to wait.

• Like 1

LilLawbb
  • Applicant
25 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

Yes, it is about practicing in BC plus the weather.

I suggest that you ask TRU ASAP if you can submit a late application - probably yes (the deadline was only 5 days ago, right?).

If not then apply to DAL and UNB if you don't want to wait.

Thanks for all your advice! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LilLawbb said:

Thanks for all your advice! 

Robson Hall has serious problems.  The Dean two years  ago "robbed" the school and disappeared, and there is atleast one obnoxious Prof you might not be able to avoid.  Maybe other schools have the same problems with corruption and rudeness, I don't know; so I can't say if any other school will be better.   Some extremely unfriendly students as well.  But there are many good Profs and students too.  I'd say it's a mixed bag.   I don't know if any other school is any better.   But I'd choose any BC school just for the weather.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

LilLawbb
  • Applicant
Just now, myth000 said:

Robson Hall has serious problems.  The Dean two years  ago "robbed" the school and disappeared, and there is atleast one obnoxious Prof you might not be able to avoid.  Maybe other schools have the same problems with corruption and rudeness, I don't know; so I can't say if any other school will be better.   Some extremely unfriendly students as well.  But there are many good Profs and students too.  I'd say it's a mixed bag.   I don't know if any other school is any better.   But I'd choose any BC school just for the weather.

That's very interesting. I think I saw a similar discussion on the University of Manitoba subreddit. I hope that's not typical of law schools!

I will most probably decline U of M's offer. I am hoping for UVic or Dal, but only time will tell. 

• Like 2