Ryerson Law Building & Schedule Questions

yimby
  • Law School Admit

Hey everyone!

I was accepted to Ryerson today and I am seriously considering attending because of how convenient/affordable it will be for me (I live in the periphery of downtown and can get to campus in 15 minutes with public transit). There are some information sessions coming up where I can ask these questions, but I was wondering if anyone active on here could help me answer these questions sooner:

1. Does Ryerson have a dedicated law building/library? If so, where would these be located on campus? If not, what building(s) would I be attending for class?
  2. What is the 1L schedule like? I haven't been able to find any sample 1L schedules or course titles/descriptions with an associated meeting time. I'd really appreciate it if a current student could send me a sample schedule, or perhaps just some general times in the week when I should expect to have class as a 1L.

Thanks in advance everyone 🙂 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
JOATJD
  • Law Student

1. Yes, 4th Floor POD is dedicated to JD students (law library is located there too). You can use any other buildings as well- general library, SLC, building. The classes are held all across campus, from POD to KERR hall to Ted Rogers building. 

2. https://www.ryerson.ca/law/program/course-descriptions/ . Please refer to JUR 100 courses (1L courses). 1Ls are scheduled in sections, and your schedule is pre-determined by the administration. Your class could be scheduled anytime between 9 AM to 5 PM (if you are unlucky, 8 AM). Understanding some students are commuting, the school tries to maintain 4-day week . 

Hope this helps, I would read more into the Ryerson website. 

Edited by JOATJD