"Individual Consideration"

olala14

Hello, 

Because of the U of M strike I was wondering if the timeline for the "Individual Consideration" has changed. Have applicants with interviews already started to get notified? The timeline says applicants will be notified by mid- February but was wondering if things have been delayed.

Thank you and best of luck to all!      

• Like 1

From the email I received about my elimination request, they said individual consideration applicants who are selected for an interview will be notified by the end  of February. It would most likely be this week or next week if they didn't already sent them out with the early admissions.

What is your stats if you don't mind me asking  

havellion
  • Applicant
On 2/23/2022 at 12:07 AM, lawparty said:

Ooof. Well, there goes hope. No email in my inbox.

You never know, maybe they will send out more interviews after 😕

On another note, does anyone have information on what the interview process is like— the kinds of questions they ask?

• Like 1

lawparty
  • Applicant

The process for this is stated in the guidelines - calls in mid feb for interviews March 5 and 6, 2022. 24 interviews, 15 spots. No idea on the questions they ask, though. I'd imagine it'd centre around your personal statement and goals at the faculty.

• Thanks 1

Catsrule
  • Undergrad

@havellion

I also applied under this category and didn't receive am interview. Would you be comfortable sharing your lsat score and GPA? I'm just curious. I know my lsat and GPA are both low. I know I have a compelling personal statement.

Edited by Catsrule

havellion
  • Applicant
13 hours ago, Catsrule said:

@havellion

I also applied under this category and didn't receive am interview. Would you be comfortable sharing your lsat score and GPA? I'm just curious. I know my lsat and GPA are both low. I know I have a compelling personal statement.

My LSAT is 165 and my AGPA is around 3.4. I think if an applicant is not accepted under Individual Consideration they are processed through the Index Category afterward, wish all of us luck through the process hopefully we will have good news in the future.

• Thanks 1

I had 163 Lsat and 3.2ish AGPA, no interview. I was international student/immigrant, and I thought that will be able to somewhat justify my first couple years of bad grades. They also denied my elimination request, apparently the program I took(and abandoned) at a religion/bible University  was the basis of my admission, for my science degree, even thought those courses were the furthest from science and I don't even need them for my degree, it is safe to say I am done with U of M

• Like 1

Catsrule
  • Undergrad

@havellion If you are an in province applicant, based on past consistent stats you'll definitely(100%) get in through the index category, it just won't be an early offer. Happy for you but was hoping they'd pick interviews for people not able to get in through index or waitlist but had strong soft factors to be considered. So much for an equity category lol. 

Catsrule
  • Undergrad

@RKCkawmaybe I don't know the specifics of your personal statement but being an international student/immigrant alone wouldn't make an applicant stand out from the rest from what I'm thinking. They may also consider community involvement, work experience and other factors. 

1 hour ago, Catsrule said:

They may also consider community involvement, work experience and other factors

Sorry I left out some information. I did include my years of volunteer experience and all that, but my point was that just for the GPA factor alone(which I considered it as the biggest flaw in my application), as international student could somewhat justify why I had bad GPA for the first couple years of university. Able to communicate with  English does not mean you can utilized it at university level, at least for me, there was a learning curve. To put in perspective, my first year gpa was 1.7, my last 14 courses was over 4.1 on MB scales. And there were more about how the immigration process affected/motived me in my statement other than to justify my poor grades. 

But anyways, it doesn't really matter now, maybe I am just biased thinking that was compelling enough, I will just focusing L2 B2 schools to save myself from these kind disappointment  

Catsrule
  • Undergrad

@RKCkawmaybe oh I see. Yeah I guess i'm at a loss as to what they are looking for in an applicant because your LSAT and GPA are actually quite high or show a drastic improvement worth noting. Goodluck with other schools, it sounds like you have a strong chance at a B2/L2 school. 

• Like 1