UofA LSAT weight

lawschoolapplicant

lawschoolapplicant
  • Applicant

Hi all! 
To be frank, my gpa is bad. Like terrible bad. It’s sitting at a 2.88cgpa, L2: 3.0
However, I did great on the LSAT (168) so I am hoping this will increase my chances. I am looking to go to a school that weighs LSAT more comparing to GPA. I heard UofA weighs LSAT at 70% and GPA at 30%. Is this correct? 

Can someone confirm? I read it somewhere but their website doesn’t say anything. 
Are there any other schools in Canada that view the LSAT more? 60-40 or 55-45 

I am willing to go anywhere in Canada.

mj1995
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, lawschoolapplicant said:

Hi all! 
To be frank, my gpa is bad. Like terrible bad. It’s sitting at a 2.88cgpa, L2: 3.0
However, I did great on the LSAT (168) so I am hoping this will increase my chances. I am looking to go to a school that weighs LSAT more comparing to GPA. I heard UofA weighs LSAT at 70% and GPA at 30%. Is this correct? 

Can someone confirm? I read it somewhere but their website doesn’t say anything. 
Are there any other schools in Canada that view the LSAT more? 60-40 or 55-45 

I am willing to go anywhere in Canada.

This is not true, the U of A uses an index heres the link:

if you take your score = 3.0*22.5 + 168 = 235 when historical admission is a 242. No Canadian law schools weight LSAT over GPA, if anything some weigh you're GPA higher. Most schools are either 50/50 or more weight placed on the GPA like Dalhousie (i believe is a 60/40). Here is the admitted applicant profile for 21/22 University of Alberta Faculty of Law:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-u9luOkViBOYVM2bWFMcmJNcUpOZVBZY0lsTVpyOGRIaGFR/view?resourcekey=0-HmKCZRYcwwdh8Mm1BUgAew

Theres not even a 3.0 on the board and the applicant with a 3.2 scored higher than you. I wish you the best, I would suggest improving your GPA with more undergraduate courses as I think that may be a road block for you going forward. Good luck ! You may have a tough time in Canada if you do not improve the other side of your application even splitters usually have roughly a 3.2-3.4. 

Edited by mj1995
  • Like 1

GGrievous
  • Law Student

Is your best 2 any higher? I think ryerson uses best 20 class overall, and Windsor is known to be holistic. I think you’ll have a tough time anywhere with that GPA in a regular category. As noted above, the lowest at U of A was both a higher GPA and slightly higher LSAT. 

• Like 1