chances? cGPA: 3.13 L2: 3.65 LSAT 157 (4.0 scale)

Trynamakeitin

Trynamakeitin
  • Applicant

I just wrote my first LSAT attempt in Jan scored worse than all my practice runs and got a 157. Based on my stats what do you guys think my chances are?

I applied to: UofC, UofA, TRU, Windsor, Sask, UBC, UVic

I have university club experience, experience volunteering with a lawyer, Worked at a firm for 6 months as a legal assistant and been working full time with school for the past 4 years while being a full time student.

Had references from employers, lawyers and profs.

Let me know what you guys think! thanks!

lawstudentss
  • Applicant

I think you have a good shot at Windsor. What is your UBC and Uvic GPAs with their drops?

Theres a formula under the UVic tab that you can use to see what your chances are after drops, from what i read around a 915 seems to be the index score they're looking for.

UBC i think is probably out of reach unless all your classes are exceptional minus a few fails and thats whats bringing you down. Calculate your gpa for them as well and check using their index score calculator. This cycle we've seen mostly 93 and up get admitted, below a 90 seems to be an auto reject and historically 91-92's are competitive with good softs but this cycle is extra tough so idk. 

Not sure about other schools. 

mj1995
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, Trynamakeitin said:

I just wrote my first LSAT attempt in Jan scored worse than all my practice runs and got a 157. Based on my stats what do you guys think my chances are?

I applied to: UofC, UofA, TRU, Windsor, Sask, UBC, UVic

I have university club experience, experience volunteering with a lawyer, Worked at a firm for 6 months as a legal assistant and been working full time with school for the past 4 years while being a full time student.

Had references from employers, lawyers and profs.

Let me know what you guys think! thanks!

I think you have a shot for TRU and Sask, for UofA historically the formula is gpa*22.5 + lsat in your case is 3.65*22.5+157= 239 and the competitive index is usually 242. Don't count yourself out but consider preparing for next year and re-writing. 

Edited by mj1995