Can you accept multiple offers

ALawyer

ALawyer
  • Applicant

Will schools know if you accept multiple offers in different provinces? 

York and UBC are my top schools and I have acceptances from both. I want to visit both schools before I choose and have already visited UBC, but I will not get the chance to visit York until mid March. As the deadline for my UBC offer is March 1, my plan was to accept UBC and pay the deposit but not make my final decision whether to reject York until I visited. Now I am wondering if York will see that I accepted UBC and revoke my offer. 

Does anybody have any thoughts or advice?

Roch90
  • Law Student

To hop on this thread, what about the same province? I was accepted to uO but am also considering Queens and Western and am waiting to hear from them. If I conditionally accept Ottawa and say I'm waiting for the other two, and get accepted, will it cancel my Ottawa acceptance or can I still decide at the end?

Whist
  • Law Student

For everywhere but Ontario, you can accept multiple offers at once. I believe they only check in the summer once it comes to enrollment (making sure you aren't enrolled at two schools), but that's it. 

For Ontario, the system is different. If you provisionally accept, any other existing offers from within that province are gone, but you can still receive future ones. If you firmly accept, both existing and potential future offers are gone. Just an offer existing without you having responded to it doesn't affect anything. Accepting an offer within Ontario will not affect schools outside that province.