Scholarships

Ilovelamp

Ilovelamp
  • Law Student

Does anyone know if we have to pay the deposit before we are considered for scholarships? I have accepted, still have until March 31 to pay the deposit, but waiting for my tax refund to come in to pay it.

• Like 1

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

I doubt it, but doesn't the letter say? Just looked at mine and it says anyone who received an offer is considered for the entrance scholarships.

DanaeOkay
  • Law Student

Hi! I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I found out that I had received a scholarship mid-April, after my deposit was due (ie I wasn't offered a scholarship prior to me accepting my offer/paying my deposit). Your best best is to email UCalgary to see when they will be notifying scholarship winners.

• Like 1

ellewoodswannabe
  • Applicant

I emailed and they informed me that the entrance scholarship notifications will be out by March 31.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Ilovelamp
  • Law Student

Has anyone received a scholarship offer? Just curious as it would help in my decision knowing that they have sent them out!

• Like 1

sweetiepie37974
  • Applicant
On 3/15/2022 at 3:42 PM, Ilovelamp said:

Has anyone received a scholarship offer? Just curious as it would help in my decision knowing that they have sent them out!

I did! I received an email last Tuesday, March 15th about an entrance scholarship, but I have not yet accepted my admissions offer! Universities use scholarships to sweeten the deal of attending their school over others (as with any school), so I trust that all of the initial entrance scholarship offers will be out before the deadline. Then, once the deadline has passed, they move the unclaimed/declined scholarships on to the next batch of prospective students! My letter specifically said that while I have until the 31st deadline to accept and claim it, they appreciate if I let them know as soon as I’m able, which seems to support the above! 

• Like 4

IllegalIllEagle
  • Applicant
On 3/21/2022 at 11:40 AM, sweetiepie37974 said:

I did! I received an email last Tuesday, March 15th about an entrance scholarship, but I have not yet accepted my admissions offer! Universities use scholarships to sweeten the deal of attending their school over others (as with any school), so I trust that all of the initial entrance scholarship offers will be out before the deadline. Then, once the deadline has passed, they move the unclaimed/declined scholarships on to the next batch of prospective students! My letter specifically said that while I have until the 31st deadline to accept and claim it, they appreciate if I let them know as soon as I’m able, which seems to support the above! 

Pm'd you!

Has anyone else received scholarship information? Slightly disappointed to have missed the potential first wave, especially with solid stats. Huge deciding factor in which school I will attend.