Current Index Scores for Offers (email from admissions office)

hellolegal

hellolegal
  • Applicant

I got an email from the admissions office saying that they have released early offers, and anyone who has an index score of 78.157 or higher has been made an offer. Waitlist should be established at the end of March or early April. (I got this email because I had inquired about my fall term transcript being received as one of my professors was weeks late to submit final grades)

• Thanks 4

legalhistorystudent
  • Applicant

I have an index of 78.3 and I haven't gotten an email yet? Is it possible I calculated wrong - I am totally panicking now lol 

RobsonHallHopeful
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, hellolegal said:

I got an email from the admissions office saying that they have released early offers, and anyone who has an index score of 78.157 or higher has been made an offer. Waitlist should be established at the end of March or early April. (I got this email because I had inquired about my fall term transcript being received as one of my professors was weeks late to submit final grades)

Yikes that's an entire point higher than their early index cutoff score last year. I wonder if they're taking a different approach this year. I can't imagine this cycle is more competitive based off the lsacdata that's been published

• Like 1

RobsonHallHopeful
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, hellolegal said:

Do you know if they specifically mentioned this being the end of early admission offers or it being the early admissions cutoff?

legalhistorystudent
  • Applicant

I just double checked and I did calculate wrong I guess - 77.778 is my index so I guess it makes sense why I haven't heard back yet. I would also like to know about whether its just the early admissions cut off and they will still be sending out more admissions before the waitlist - feeling quite stressed! 

hellolegal
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, RobsonHallHopeful said:

Yikes that's an entire point higher than their early index cutoff score last year. I wonder if they're taking a different approach this year. I can't imagine this cycle is more competitive based off the lsacdata that's been published

Yeah, I'm wondering if GPA's have risen dramatically due to the pandemic and online learning... 

18 hours ago, RobsonHallHopeful said:

Do you know if they specifically mentioned this being the end of early admission offers or it being the early admissions cutoff?

The phrasing sounded like there are no more early offers, but I'm not sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
Applicant_1010
  • Applicant

Has anyone heard if they are sending out anymore offers for the regular index score category? 

wizlaw
  • Applicant

If you are applying from a university on the 4.0 scale do they convert it for you? I’m asking because I believe I would be above the cutoff. Want to make sure it was calculated correctly

• 2 weeks later...
legalhistorystudent
  • Applicant

For those wondering, I received an email from the admissions office where they said that anyone who has not received an early offer will know this month if they are being placed on the waitlist. From this it seems that there will be no other acceptances but I'm not sure. 

• Thanks 2